Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
hi tonia
we went to the phoenix in feb 2007 and feb 2008.we loved it we have also stayed at neelams the grand and the goan heritage,both in calangute ,but preferred the phoenix.the staff at the phoenix were so friendly.this year the manager had changed-it was mario -,who has gone to another hotel in arpora i think.we liked it even more this year as the rooms we had were better,over reception.they did not have a balcony but were were much bigger.the location is great-at the end of the lane is the perola de mar which has a really good restaurant called the havali,i think.we would definately return but haven't found any good deals for it. we paid £560 each in feb for 2 weeks,with thomsons.when are you going and who have you found a good deal with?last year we went with cosmos and paid £630 each so you can see why we were pleased with this years price! if you want to know anything pm me.
sue
Thanks Sue, thats helped a lot - its so confusing isn't it with mixed reviews all the time. The photos looked good and the hotel has also been refurbished so I was wondering why some people said it was shabby - maybe they were all unlucky and had the old rooms.
The deals I have found are from Sweden - I am English but have lived here for 2 years. The deal works out to be approx £650 each B&B which from here is really cheap. We had looked at First Choice and Thompsons as it could have worked out cheaper if we'd flown Ryanair to London and picked up the flights to Goa there but the cheapest deals from the UK seem to be from Manchester (saw one the other day for £290!!). Also the thought of the extra long journey home didn't appeal!
Keep searching - I'm sure after the "credit crunch" the prices will start coming down soon.
Am really excited about going to Goa - sounds fab! Also looking forward to some heat and sunshine - although Winter here is v pretty, its also cold and looooooong!
Thanks once again - have a great weekend!
Tonia
x
Hi

We have stayed at The Phoenix Park 3 times now and always enjoyed it, however this year we couldn't get in and stayed at The Highland.
My daughter and her boyfriend stayed at the Sea Breeze; we thought the rooms were lovely, much better than the Phoenix and the resort which although was slightly smaller was very nice, I would certainly consider staying there.. :)

Ann
Brilliant - thanks for that Ann. Makes deciding a whole lot easier now - they both sound good so I'll go for the best deal!
All the best!
Tonia
tonia-when are you thinking of going? we usually go in february but the phoenix park is £840 with thompsons and£1000 with first choice,so i think we'll maybe think of going a different date.
sue
Hi Sue,
We want to go the 2nd week in january. I was too late with a good deal for £1000 for two of us which I thought was excellent (it is for Swedish tour operators anyway). I'm now looking at The Sea Breeze, the Phoenix and another one called Kata Holiday home orsomethingorother. The deal I lost was for the palmarhina which had excellent reviews and looked good. Oh well, wasn't meant to be!!
Good luck with finding something - have you checked flight only then you could book the hotel separately? Thats a good way of saving money if you can get a good flight deal.
Tonia
x
hi tonia -those prices were each! i think we'll have to look earlier because so many schools are on half term through feb. i think the other hotel you are looking at is probably the kamat holiday homes. i like the look of sea breeze but cant find it with a holiday tour rep in england.another one that looks nice is the sunkissed hotel in calangute.
sue
Blinkey blimey - thats a bit steep isn't it!! Might be better for you to come to Sweden! ;)
Good luck!
Tonia x
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.