Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
we went to csr last year and its extremely good ,food ,service,location, amenities all superb ,during our stay we went through the conrad for a couple of boat trips and though its a nice looking hotel and is probably excellent as well it is a bit more remote if you fancy a evening walk round ,i didn't spot any local shops etc this is probably reflected in the price difference
here is a few pictures from csr ,2 year ago and going back july this year ?and this is the best hotel i have ever been to ,so just book it ?http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/MemberProfile?uid=A1C87AE133958279210A7BA8762B4E5B&c=cp
The Conrad has the better beach and snorkelling here is fantastic.I stayed here 2 years ago and loved it.It has a lot of steps around the complex so I went to the Holiday village in December and whilst there had a look around the CSR,as it was next door but one.The beach was unattractive and there is a long jetty to the coral whereas the Conrad reef is just at the end of a short jetty.There is a wind in Nabq bay where the CSR is which makes it cooler there.I would chose the Conrad over the CSR,its part of the Hilton chain and extremely well run.Look on the photo gallery on here as there are lots of photos.If you look on google earth there are very clear images of both hotels.
Hi Garry

As you may well know, I'm a huge fan of the Conrad!

I can't tell you anything about the CSR as I've never been there but you can read my review of the Conrad from last August HERE and view my Conrad piccies HERE ;)

Pippy :)
I stayed at the Conrad in October. Loved - the large beach, snorkelling (ideal for swimmers and non swimmers alike) and the large immaculately clean room with beautiful sea view. Disliked - steps, hard bed, evening entertainment, AI drinks and lack of staff compared to other hotels (though staff worked hard with long hours). Despite the seemingly long list of dislikes still had a great time! ;)
EDIT: Just reread my comments and thought they sounded a bit negative! I'd be more than happy to stay here again though not as first choice.
Thanks to everyone who replied. Went into travel agents today. They changed it to the conrad for an extra £26 each. We showed them printouts of negative reports and they also checked sites as well. Keep thinking they have made a mistake but according to them it's all changed and paid for.Now we are on the countdown. 12 weeks to go.
thanks again
Garry
you got a good deal ,we are going to the h/v in may as well ,just one thing its going to be HOT :sun2 :tongue :cheers
Thanks folks,really looking forward to it,can,t come quick enough now,just starting to buy bits and pieces now.

Garry
Conrad Sharm El Sheikh Resort V Coral Sea Resort. which ones the best?
I've only been to the Conrad but have been told by many people that the beach and reef at the Conrad are far superior to those at the CSR.

Pippy :)
Hi
I made a huge decision today and changed from the hotel I booked 15months ago to the Conrad(many reasons that added up to a big aarrgghh!) I go in 7 weeks :yikes
Normally I research for eons before booking but this is more of a gut reaction and I hope Ive done the right thing
Anyway I usually find out all this before booking but haven't had the time so need help !
Do they provide pool towels?
Does anyone have any contacts / e mail address etc
Is there a good mix of nationalities
Are there any good eating places in walking distance - we will go into Naama / Old Sharm a few times
And finally on behalf of eldest Daughter - where is the nearest Starbucks (:banghead:)
Thanks in advance and special thanks to Pippy
Lally
lallygirl wrote:
Do they provide pool towels?

Yes, and on the beach. Don't just stay around the pool, the beach and sea are superb! The Conrad has the best beach of any hotel in Sharm, that's from people who've been holidaying in Sharm for years

Does anyone have any contacts / e mail address etc. See below...

waleed.bahgat@conradhotels.com

Is there a good mix of nationalities

When we were there, mainly Brits, Italians, Russians, Germans

Are there any good eating places in walking distance - we will go into Naama / Old Sharm a few times Not sure about within walking distance, not when we were there I don't think

And finally on behalf of eldest Daughter - where is the nearest Starbucks (:banghead:) Pass!

Thanks in advance and special thanks to Pippy.

You're welcome, you've made a great choice ;)
Thanks Pip
No intention of staying by the pool ! ( eldest might!)
Is there beach bar snack bar?
Lally
Not a snack bar (not last year anyway) but there is a beach bar. You're fairly close to the pool area when you're on the beach, just a few steps to walk up. There's a snack bar by the pool.

There are showers on the beach and a shack for booking water sports. Beware the banana boat! I fell off it last year and broke a rib! :yikes :yikes It was bloody good fun though! :rofl
Just to add what Pippy has said. You would not be able to walk to town but there is a shuttle bus from hotel which costs £3. Or get a taxi from reception which was a very good service. We changed our hotel and went here in May. I could go as far as saying it's one of the best holidays we have had and we are definetly going back.

You will have a fantastic time.
Garry
Thanks Garry :cheers
I am sure I have done the right thing
One further question (sorry) - what is the process with the A la Carte - is it once per stay or once per week
Lally
Pip I remember the story about your rib last year - no way will you get me on one of those banana boats!
lallygirl wrote:
One further question (sorry) - what is the process with the A la Carte - is it once per stay or once per week

Sorry, can't help with that one ;)

lallygirl wrote:
Pip I remember the story about your rib last year - no way will you get me on one of those banana boats!

Tee Hee! THIS photo says it all, 'Nats, stay away from my rib' spoken through clenched teeth! :rofl :rofl
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.