Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
if i was you i would phone them rather than e-mail its easier to ignore an e-mail
i would say just get a room away from the main reception area /the main rd most of the noise will be around there but as posted previously they dont use large machinery its all done by hand except for cement trucks and you will most likely be out and about in the day anyway i was right on the rd front and was'nt bothered by it at all so dont be to concerned and enjoy your holiday :lol:
I think it's always a bit dodgy asking for a specific room unless you have been there before.

Firstly because what makes a nice room to one might not be a nice room to someone else and secondly, if there is aproblem than it's difficult to complain about a room when you have specifically asked for it.

You might be better off asking for something a little less specific like a room away from the building works or a room in a quiet part of the hotel.

The problem is that staff are so keen to do things the way you want them to that sometyimes they miss the obvious.

I remember trying to hire a boat to go to Arambol from Baga Beach. We wanted to avoid the canoe type thing with the outrigged stabiliser and so we were asking for a boat without the stabiliser meaning a single hull cabin cruiser type thing. This was "no problem" until we turned up the following morning and they started unlashing the stabiliser from a canoe type boat.

When we asked what they were doing they said it was for us so we explained what we were atcually after and asked if it was safe to use the canoe type thing without the stabiliser and they said "no, you'll capsize but that's what you wanted". They thought we were mad for wanting the stabiliser removed and had spent most of the night arguing about who would captian it for us but they were still perfectly prepared to do it for us.
HBR
Many thanks to all.specially Mike and Carol
We have just got back - went to have a look at the new builds at the Highland, I wouldnt have liked to have been staying near to the reception block, but if you ask them for a room at the back of the hotel (near the gym) then you should be ok, the traffic going up and down the road to the Highland is abit busy also, but they are building all over Candolim!
Goanne
Hi,
We have requested a specific room before, they couldn't give us the one we asked for but gave us one next door.
If you want a quiet room ask for 2003. It is at the back of the hotel, one balcony overlooks a swimming pool and the other overlooks scrub land.
Take awalk down to the small lake and watch the kingfishers catch their breakfast.

Steve
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.