Spain - Costa Del Sol/Gibraltar Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Del Sol.
I mailed them and got a lovely response saying they'll do all they can for me and when we arrived we had exactly where we wanted!

Maybe if you put in the title 'hotel booking' or something they may read it more quicker!

I think I titled it 'FAO Paco' even though the reply I got was from someone else!
:D Hi there, I have always emai the hotel direct,(about a week before we are due to arrive at the hotel), to ask for a room on a low floor, overlooking the pool, in a sunny location (Don't ask for much do I :lol: )

I always butter them up first, saying how their hotel has been recommended to us, and we're so much looking forward to our stay, blah blah blah.........

Not all hotels will acknowledge your email (Infact very few), I have only ever received 2 emails, (and I've sent plenty). I can honestly say I have always got the room I have asked for! (Must be those creeping emails :lol:

I'm sure, you'll be fine, and get the requested room.

Have a great time

BBB
Thanks Chivas and Belly. I sent them a really nice email praising their hotel etc. etc. When I eventually received a reply it was signed 'From the Reception Team' not a specific person. I gave them my hotel booking reference number - that was in the subject box. I think I will have another try - we go a week on Sunday (23rd.) After reading all the posts on the Bali, I found one that said they had emailed Paco and one said Pepe - so I sent it for the attention of Paco or Pepe!!!! :D - You reckon I should be cheeky and email them again??? :twisted:
yeah, why not.
Or you could phone them direct, it doesn't cost much these days!
:D It wouldn't do any harm,to email once more (although I wouldn't email more than twice though! :lol: ) and I would leave it until 5-7 days before you are due to go, (as they don't usually get the list of the customers staying at their hotels until a week before they are due), if you do not receive a reply (you probably won't - as most hotels never usually reply), don't worry!,

Have a fab time

Belly!
Have stayed in the Bali often.After my first visit i always asked for specific rooms in an e-mail about 10 days before arrival. Always got what i asked for.
Geogth, when you have emailed the Bali did you send it for the attention of someone in particular? I am really looking forward to going and I know the hotel is good. Many thanks to all who have replied.
Pity I broke 2 ribs last week - putting up my new excercise machine -haven't been able to use it yet because of the ribs!! :cry: Never mind a couple of brandy's will dull the pain I'm sure!!
Hi Just e-mailed FAO The Manager
Good Luck
Just thought I would let you know that when I arrived at the Bali on Sept 23rd. I was given a room on 7th. floor (room 2705) with a beautiful view of the pool and sea. This was exactly as I had requested in my email. We returned home last night (5th, Oct.) quite dejected at leaving the Bali and beautiful surroundings - plus the thought of returning to work didn't help at all :( I couldn't get over the vast change in the area. It is fabulous, the Park is a sheer delight to both adults and children and the visit to Selwo was much enjoyed by us all. Overall we had a great holiday.
Glad you enjoyed your trip PT, we used to rent a villa at the back of the Bali, then alas it had to go for the extention, however the bali does look a nice place, never stayed there, but do pop in for a peek around and a drink...Like you i think Paloma Park is a lovely place to chill out, did you try a late drink in the thatched bar there?
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.