Spain - Canary Islands - Fuerteventura Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Fuerteventura.
Depends what you are looking for
Calletta is very Brits abroad type of place ideal for young families also has a golf course and theIsland only McDonalds, very close to the airport, Biggest drawback on the island with the best beaches in Europe it it has a man made beach.
Corralejo is the liveliest resort on the Island but would be considered quiet to those who prefer Gran Can or Tenerife, predominantly British but is a bit more cosmopolitan, has a waterpark and some of the best beaches on the island just South of the town, Handy to take a trip across to Lanzarote. The other resorts of Costa Calma and Jandia in the South are very German focused but have fabulous beaches and a better choice of quality hotels.
ruta

I have stayed in both places but personally prefer Corallejo. This is an emotive subject and I'm sure there will be people that say they much prefer Caleta. My reasons are that Corallejo has more of a Spanish feel to it as alot of Spanish live there. Caleta is a purpose built resort and caters more for the English, however if that's what you want then it will suit you better. The beach at Caleta is manmade and doesn't compare to the fabulous beaches around Corallejo. Both resorts have an excellent selection of restaurants and bars. Caleta is only a 10 minute journey from the airport and is centrally located on the island whereas Corallejo is 35 minutes from the airport and is at the north of the island so Caleta is better if you want to explore the island however Corallejo has ferries that cross to Lanzarote. If you want to sample a bit of Spanish culture then it has to be Corallejo.
just arrived back from caleta(23 aug).the resort is very quiet with little to do apart from watersports, ideal for a relaxing holiday which suited us.
How quiet is Caleta in comparision to Correljo. Are there many bars and restaurants. Also what are prices like in comparision to the busier islands like Tenerife?
Hi SW

You can read other member's opinions HERE :wink:

Pippy :D
caralejo most defo !!
husband and i love caleta. its central to travel round the island. sooo peaceful, but plenty to do if you want it. loads of places to eat and brilliant friendly people. i know the beach is man made, but it is so safe for the children and so clean. 8)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.