Spain - Canary Islands - Fuerteventura Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Fuerteventura.
I would definately prefer corralejo over costa teguise,only visited there but didn't like it.Coralejo has a bit of everything for everybody.We have been their about 7/8 times now as a couple and with all children and theres ages 58 down to 2 years all had a great time.Went to Playe Blanca in lanzarote in march,that was nice and clean.It had a good beach and nice prom to walk on.

Regards mary.
thankyou for your reply. when i was looking for winter sun for march next year, looked at playa blanca as well as the beach looks nice, but reading about corallejo think i have made a good choice.
Hi there - Been to both and playa blanca. I have to say playa blanca wins every time. Corallejo was very disappointing and the only holiday I looked forward to coming home from. It depends on what you are looking for and everybodies tastes are different, but even my children aged 14 and 16 didn't like corallejo apart from surfing in the huge waves on the sand dunes.
Hi Julie

I think you will enjoy Corallejo. As Mary says there is something for everyone. Playa Blanca is nice but it's a custom built resort with no character, a bit like Costa Teguise. Corallejo has the old Town as well as several beaches to chose from. There is mini-golf if that's what the kids like. There are also a lot of boat trips. We went in March and you could go down to the harbour and book on the morning if the sea was calm. I don't think the water park is open in March. Maybe someone else will know. There is a great selection of bars and restaurants whether you want English, Irish or traditional Spanish.
If you get a car for a couple of days go down to Caletta de Fuste/Costa Caletta. It's another resort built for tourists but the beach is superb and the sea lovely and shallow if your kids are only little.
Have a great time.

Regards, Jean

P>S> There's nothing wrong with resorts built for tourists. A lot of tourists like them but me and hubby have got to the stage where we like a bit of character. It was different when we had the kids with us!
we are going in march what was the weather like is the sea warm enough to swim in, corrallejo sounds lovely so thankyou for your information.
Hi Julie

The weather was lovely and warm during the day, like a hot summer day in England. You need cardigans or maybe fleeces for the evening though, take some trousers for the kids. I think it can be quite windy at times although fine while we were there.

The sea is okay for swimming in. It's a bit cold at first but fine once you are in. I think it's warmer than the swimming pools and definitely a lot .warmer than Scarboro in summer.

One of the best things we found about going in March is that there is always plenty of free parking if you have a car. You can go to the big supermarkets in the old part of Corallejo for a big shop if you are self catering. They do cooked chickens and all sorts of stuff to take away and you pay the Spanish prices.

Enjoy, Jean
Hi julie

Have been to both and prefer Corallejo. As people have said it has a southern newly built part with all the touristy attractions and a northern old town with a real working Spanish 'feel' to it.

Went in February last year and spent evry day sunbathing on the town beach or around the harbour. To cold for me to swim but loads of kids braving it.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.