Greece - Corfu Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Corfu.
Hi

I have never done this (yet) but have found some info on this website.

http://www.parga.com

Scroll 1/2 way down the page to the link named 'Parga for the independent traveller', there is also more information under the link 'Local information'

Graham 8)
Have any of the readers done this yet.

Any views on getting from the airport on Corfu to the ferry port?

Current costs?
John

Corfu airport is only about 10 minutes from the ferry terminal so cost via a taxi would be minimal.
Thanks - it is sounding attractive - given the cost of flights to Corfu.

Please let me have any tips.
I would love for people to let me know how they get on with these alternative routes to corfu as I have considered it myself.

though i found the flights from mainland to corfu just as expensive as direct flights from uk and the distance from airports to ferry terminals on mainland was astronomical, maybe i was looking at wrong routes

any help on where to look/routes etc would be greatly appreciated.

roelle
This is really easy to do you go from Corfu airpot to port takes ten mins in taxi, go to one of the ticket offices on the port they will tell you what times boats go over and name of boat. then you will get to igoumenitsa it take 40 mins to get to parga by taxi 75euros approx.if you need any more info just ask.
Lou :D
I have an aversion to paying so much for a taxi. Perhaps I should consider the bus - or collecting a hire car at the port on the mainland.
we have booked flights for may next year to corfu with the intention of catching the ferry to igoumenista then car to parga.
however our flight arrives on a monday and the ferry timetables show no sailings on mondays,can anyone help im hoping i havent shot myself in the foot here.
Hello harv & welcome to HT :wave:

You should be fine as there are ferries run every day.

These will give you an idea of the ferry times
http://www.bellavistahotel.gr/uk/corfu-ferries-igoumenitsa-ferry.htm

http://www.aferry.ie/timetable/IgoumenitsaCorfuEndeavorLinesie.htm

This guide shows the particular days and times for each company so you should be able to plan accordingly, look at the section halfway down page 'Departing to Igoumenitsa Mainland Greece'
http://www.harrys-greece-travel-guide.com/ferry-info-greece/ferry-schedules/paxi.htm
:tup thanks for that ,harrys greece had all the information we needed to know that what we are planning is do"able without making an overnight night stop in corfu.Are their any smaller boats that go direct to parga.
I did the Corfu to Parga journey and it was a real pleasure.

The taxi took me to the ferry ticket office and then round to the ramp or the ferry so I only had to walk on with our cases.

The crossing is a pleasant change and a nice chance to take in some sea views of Corfu.

We had booked a car with Europcar - at that time I booked with the Parga office and arrance to pick the car up at their Igoumenitsa office and then keep it for 3 days before dropping it off at Parga. This gave us chance to see the area a bit before we settled into Parga.

The drive to Parga is easy and pleasant. Not sure if you would get such a one-way hire now as the market has changed. For our return we booked a car for 2 days - and as our flight was quite early from Corfu we used a travel agent in Parga to book us a night in Corfu which gave us chance to sample the island.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.