Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
try augerque villas it is in candolim just past the don alcina hotel the guy the rents scoters legally for 150 rupps per day if you are having it for 1 mounth make sure you have international driving licience hope this helps
Toe
Do his bikes have the yellow plates on them. Don't get stopped by the police so much if you have them....so I've been told :D
Michelle x
yes they do have the yellow plates and are all legal you get the papperwork in case you are stopped
Toe
Thanks for that. We'll give him a go. Bit nervous as we've never hired a bike before, but getting a bid fed up shelling out in taxis and have got lots to do when we get there :shock:
Michelle
hi towpal we had a bike for 4 weeks there was nobody more nerves than me but if you take it easy and remember what the beeps mean you will be ok we never used the bike at night as we felt this was to risky but it was great during the day we was up and down sometimes 3 or 4 times a day to look for thing we also went to mandrim and turtle bay on the bike once you get out of calancute there is vey little traffic you will be fine
Hi Toe
Your might have to give me a bit of tuition on what the beeps mean :D
hi towpal i am not a exspert by no means but from what i found when you hear a beep behind you it means that the person is wanting to warn you they are there and also that they want to overtake you you need to beep to let pedestriansknow you are comming up and also to overtake anthing in front of you hope i have exsplained it ok
Toe, does this guy provide insurance also?
yes he does provide insurance
Does he do Enfields Toe ? I just found out that the Enfield I usually hire from a guy in Vagator has finally died :(
not sure we hired a moped but its worth a look he had lots of bikes sorry could not be of more help
Thanks, I will have a look :wink:
You will need an international license to be legal.

Just in case you didn't know!

Police tend to stop people with no helmets when driving south of Candolim.
I pay Rs2500/month for my scooter its new, legal and insured, as far as a licence is concerned 2 Rs100 notes will do far better than an international licence, not been stopped yet :roll:
lez
thats the scouser in you not getting your permit i know because i did the same back in january i too like youreself never got a pernit but ive promised her i will get one for our next visit in april
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.