General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
depends on the hotel but usually they are the foldable travel cot type of thing..
hello,
last time we went with thomsons they was mothercare wooden cots (same group as portland). we have never had a travel cot we have had a wooden cot or metal cot (9 years ago for the metal one).
if your unsure ring portland up and ask??
they now supply baby packs now as well.
hope this helps. :D
Grim!

Sorry but from my own personal experience I would say buy a travel cot and take it with you! You know it's clean and more importantly you know it's safe!

We travelled with Thomson in 2002 when our twins were 7mths - the cots were horrendous! We had tremendous trouble getting matrresses to fit the cots provided - the Thomson Guest Service Manager rolled a towel up - stuffed it down the side of the mattress and said "That'll do" (I don't think so). One of the cots the base was lower than the cot sides and was therefore quite literally a death-trap (possible head entrapment).

Thomson were really helpful (not) and just said that they didn't have to be the same safety standards as at home - it took us 3 days to have cots that I was relatively happy with the safety of but had I known I'd have taken our travel cots and for subsequent holidays we did jjust that - total peace of mind - yes, a pain (for us carrying 2 of them) but all things considered I'd rather do that than take a chance.

I think with Super Family properties you have branded cots (I believe Mothercare) but all other properties don't have to have the same standard and you can find yourself faced (as we were) with old cots & plastic covered foam mattresses.
Agree with you there T.
We used a one in Lanzarote when Tom was 9 month old and it was just fine. It was metal but everything met my standards (and they are pretty high where safety is concerned) but when we went to Benidorm the following year, I sent it back as it was a death trap and he slept with me for the two weeks. Not good waking up with knees digging in your back!!! So yes, I would invest in a travel cot unless you are staying in a Thomson Superfamily hotel as everything is from Mothercare.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.