Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Olu from Dalaman is about an hour with a private transfer, may be quicker if the tunnel has been finished.

Olu is mainly British but not too over the top, Hosoronu is more the British resort that non of the other countries even bother putting in their brochures as it is so British.

I would say that AI is one way of doing things but I am sure you could find plenty to eat locally if you went B&B. We always do B&B, food is never a bother, it is always nice and very cheap, though a picky little one may change that somewhat.

GG
The tunnel has been finished and is opened so that takes about 20mins or so of what the transfer was in the past.
its approx 38 miles to olu from dalaman airport and with the tunnel now open should be able to do this under an hour, its nearer than a lot of resorts are
Hi Karen UK,
Remember me? We were at the Bachata in Feb 05.
I have to agree with Lynwestie.... Olu Deniz is a really lovely little resort. Friendly people, lovely beach, majestic scenery and great transport links with the Dolmus buses.
It was July when we visited and I must say the weather was just that bit too hot!! May would be a fantastic time to visit.
We stayed in the Karbel Hotel on a B&B basis. You could also get a half-board deal on arrival. It was really good, there are so many good restaurants and snack bars around it was a pleasure to eat out.
I don't think you would have any problems being just you and your young one.
Lorraine
private transfer from dalaman to olu takes about 50 mins with the new road and tunnel they are widneing the road down to olu from hisaronu at the moment which will also make a difference
Hey lorraine, of course I remember you :) hope that you are well?

Im now torn, been looking at Tunisia, but still not overly struck ~ stuck on where to go this year, but maybe start having a peek at Turkey and Olu ~

and its still me and my boy :lol:
Turkish people absolutely adore kids and will spoil them! I too think Olu is a great choice. Not too big but plenty of eateries and drinkeries and lovely beaches on the lagoon with plenty of day trips accessible from there.
ive been to tunisia aswell as turkey too many times to count and the hassle you get in tunisia is much worse than turkey it drove me crazy, so if you cant cope with much hassle then be careful where you pick if you decide to opt for tunisia, the people in turkey as so lovely and friendly and as someone has mentioned adore children so you should have a lovely holiday if you pick turkey, we go a few times a year and my 7 yr old is already saying when are we going to turkey next im missing it . we normally go 4-6 times a year. everyone likes different places in turkey but if youre on your own with a child i would opt for olu deniz, its a beautiful place and not too busy with fab scenery and a stunning lagoon area
Thanks everyone :)
I booked today, staying at the Karbel hotel, flying out 28th May for 10 nights, returning on 8th June :) am looking forward to it and have started my countdown already :lol:
61 days to go!!!
That's good news Karen. Did you manage to check out the prices/availability on Tulip? Hope you got a good deal....I'm sure you will like it.
Lorraine
you will enjoy it there it has a good position for the beach 5 min stroll
and great for the local shops and restaurants
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.