Greece - Rhodes Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Rhodes.
countdown
22 Posts
Jackie - 200 days IS a long time - but it will eventually arrive - honest!!

171 days for us - although we will be in Turkey 9 days earlier.

However, only 51 days before we go to Cyprus :tup

Dave
For us, its 150 days , till we retire to Rhodes. Moving to new apartment @ Kathara Bay ,near Faliraki. :cheers
tpebop

do you need a butler??

I'm very cheap!! :cheers

Dave
Dave. Sorry I am the butler. !!! & the gardener, etc. However do you know a sexy Swedish maid ? Second thoughts dont think wife would allow that. :rofl
tpebob
I am so jealous I would love to retire to Rhodes its is our most favourite place on earth. How easy was it to arrange as may seriously consider it in the next 5-10 years. Anyway although envious I wish you the best and hope you have a great retirement there.
To aerdna. Not very difficult for us. Each time we went on holiday just kept asking around. In May 2008 were asking @ Elpida apartments In Kathara Bay near Faliraki. We were put in touch with the owners brother, who had just had new apartments built & was looking for tennants. We are renting one of the 6, just a few mins. from Kathara Bay. Before we could sign the contract we had to obtain a Greek tax number. This involved going to the tax office in Rhodes Town, waiting in a Q to get the forms. Then waiting in a different Q to get the forms stamped.Whole process took over 2 hours. As in our case its best if you take a Greek friend, to help fill in the forms. Once we had our tax number, our landlord then provide us with our contract in English & Greek .Being British we are a bit concerned about the state of the pound against the euro.We will only have our pensions when we retire to our new apartment in May.
101 days for me! I thought it was 98 but when I checked my booking I realised that I'm going on the saturday, not the wednesday!! :whoops Good job I checked or my friends would have a long wait at the airport.
but you wouldn't have missed the flight, Anne ;)

Now down to 140 days to our Rhodes visit but only 21 days to Cyprus!!

Dave
....140 days for us to Rhodes
Only 43 days now, roll on! :sun2
91 days until we fly out to Afandou... please go quickly... please go quickly :sun2
126 days to Rhodes but only 89 to canaries.....go fast ...no go slow..no go fast...no go slow...need time to loose some wieght :duh every year I go through same old torture
62 days to Turkey and 70 days before we reach Rhodes.

I'll keep up the weight watchers - but they'll have to take me as I am !! :)
Dave
34 days but only from Diagoras to the Harbour for the ferry to Symi anyway.
dave...Im not a pretty sight in a bikini... :rofl and public safty warning incase I try jumping in the pool :( ...so damage limitation really
Only 40 days till we are back in Trianda :) can't wait.
Only 48 Days now till we retire to Kathara Bay [ Faliraki ] . Left job yesterday.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.