Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Countryside Pub
6 Posts
Pete is from my home Town and drinks in my local pub when he is home, don`t know too much about why he hasn`t gone back to Goa but I am told he is now in Thailand, I will try and find out more and post it when I do :wink:
Shame that, if it's true - Pete is a very nice bloke and always rememberd 'old' faces and was a genuine guy to sit and chat with. He was also very good mates with Jim who used to run the Peacock in Candolim (the one featured on television) he also went to Thailand, so maybe they have met up again....
Let us know if you have any more info.
Pete and Tish are in Thailand at the moment on holiday, they should be back in Candolim mid January. We saw them while we were there in December, they have a house near the health centre in Candolim. Pete had already decided that this would be his last season at the Countryside but the people who own the premises wanted more money so he quit early, it's now being run by the people from the chinese downstairs. The two lads who helped run the bar are now working elsewhere, Depak is now at the Cactus Shepherds Pie and young Peter is working at the Octopus for the people who used to have the old Peacock. They are still a great couple, we had a few nights out with them while we were there and will be meeting up with them when we go back in March for Easter. Pete won't go in the Countryside now for obvious reasons so we usually meet up with them in Viva Bar in Candolim.

DebnPete
Thanks for that - hope we bump into him later in the year.
Thanks everyone for your answers We will be in Candolim from the 26 March for 2 weeks so hopefuly i might just bump into him.

Paul and Anne
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.