Greece and other Greek Island Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Greece and other Greek Islands.
Ok here goes.

We've been three times and used, Argassi beach, St Nicolas beach and Kalamaki beach and never worn anything on our feet in the sea. However, that doesn't guarantee anything.

Whether or not you tip your taxi driver is upto you, but you can bet your bottom dollar that he's not making much, but your travel company are.

Yes paper still goes in the bin :lol:

And I always leave all my loose euros for the maids before I leave, they ususally end up with a fair bit. Of course this is only if the service deserves it.

Sarah
Do rooms start to smell with using a basket all the time, i know its gross but i have to ask, i used ones in the Canary Islands that didn't have a lid so i could imagine the smell would get pretty bad...

And yes i agree with you about Maid service, when i was away a couple of weeks ago, the maid seemed to have dropped something on the floor without clearing it up, only minor but still and the other thing that got me was we had one of those tiny loo rolls between 2 she hadn't bothered to replace the used one...... I know its only minor things but it does bother you after a while. Shame for the maid as the first night she was quite good, it just went downhill from there....

I tend to tip at the end of a holiday so maybe thats it they think they aint going to get one.....!
I have to be honest, we've never had a problem with smell from the bins, but they have been changed everyday. A little tip for you. Get some nappy sacks from the supermarket before you go, you know the little fragranced bags for babies nappies. I also take a small bottle of Zoflora disinfectant with me and swill this around the bathroom daily to stop funny tummies and smells.

Most importantly have a good time.

4 More sleeps for me :hyper
Where is it your going? and 4 sleeps not long to go!

I must admit i always take disenfectant wipes with me, i've seen how some hotel rooms are cleaned so i'm sorry but i'm a bit fussy like that.... And yes i'll get some nappy sacks, its a good idea....

And you have a great time too....! :hyper
We are off to Kalamaki on Tuesday for two weeks. I am really looking forward to it :hyper :hyper

This is our third visit to Zante.

Sarah
Must be good if people keep going back there!!!!

I'm at the resort of tsivili (sp) in the Alexander Beach Hotel, managed to find a few reviews on it at Tripadvisor.co.uk, flying on my own from Newcastle. Not even sure what the flight duration time is or the time difference!
Ellieeh have you seen our members review in the hotel review forum?? see the banners near the top of the page and look soe zante you will find this property listed here

flight time should be about 4 to 41/2 hrs time diffrence +2 hrs

wizard
It must be me, i looked through the reviews but could not find it, so thanks for that Wizard!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.