Spain - Costa Brava Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Brava.
i believe the one near of the royal beach still takes cards, but they use "dynamic conversion", or did when i last tried this, so you would probably be better just drawing cash on you credit card and paying it off in full when the bill came in. they also don't give freebies no matter how many ciggies you buy.
i believe it is now illegal for tabacs to take credit cards, but many in the various resorts still do.
most tabacs in lloret will give you a very good exchange rate for sterling, the one near the royal star usually will give 3 cents above the normal bank rate.
Thanks for that Jimd-f I normally do take cash and we normally stay in the Royal Star, but we are staying in the Bolero Park apartments this time, and I have read one report about a break-in and the safe robbed. There are no reports here on holiday truths about the apartments and that review was 2004, but it does make you a little bit more wary of taking cash. Would you know anything about the apartments I can tell from your reviews that you spend alot of time in the resort.
the ones in tossa were accepting credit cards
Just a cautionary tale - before you purchase anything, ask if there are card charges.
We didn't when we went to the Algarve last week.
There were two tobacconists in the same street and one was charging 3% and the other charged
nothing!!!!
I made a mistake - it was a 4% fee not 3% for any bank card!!!!! It bit steep, eh?
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.