Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
credit cards
6 Posts
bought jewellery for the last two years with credit card (visa), no request for passport.
can't see any reason for this except possibly to prove who you are and even then there would be no need to copy it, merely showing the picture would be enough.
can't see it being anything to do with customs, why would indian authorities help british C+E , which would discourage holiday makers buying expensive items to take home.
makes no sense at all

del949
Thanks for that Del949.

If it happens again this year, I will refuse to pay.
would have imagined its to confirm who you are and that the name on the card matches the picture on the passport etc.

He probably kept a copy of it to give him some form of comeback if the card company never paid him the money ie it was a duff card or a chargeback was applied.

wouldnt worry about it to much to be honest.
its purely for security/id purposes..you will find loads of places around the world now insist on passport production with your credit card..i was in fuerteventura in the summer and all the supermarkets there insisted on it...
Yep, for security

They copy it so if it's a dodgy card then the shop still gets paid because they can prove they asked for I.D.

When you pay be credit card the shop doesn;t actually get the money for a good few weeks so you'd be long gone otherwise
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.