Greece - Crete Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Crete.
Just booked today for Stalis 2nd May. 1st time to crete & really looking forward to it!
HI Oak66. Noted you had a great price. We holidayed in Stalis last year and loved it. Which apartments are you staying at?
Shirley h,

It's the Latania that we've booked for, read some reviews & it sounds like a decent place, if i'm honest though it could be a tent in a field for all i care i just want to get back to Greece! :D
We had originally looked at Koutouloufari but the apts we'd been looking at weren't coming up & we didn't want to risk leaving booking in case the prices start going up again. I remember reading somewhere that its about an hours walk to Koutouloufari so we're planning to do that one of the days as we love the looks of the place.

edit: Just priced up our holiday again on Thomson's website & the price has gone up by nearly £200 in 24 hours so i'm glad we did book it yesterday!
Booked today, August next year 2 weeks Bellos Apartments Hersonissos
Looking at going to the Hotel Petra Mare, just read a review about the coach transfer taking 3hrs :(

Anyone confirm this please
Thats me all booked for 2 weeks at Hotel Anastasia first timer and looking forward to it. Just have to work hard to pay for it now :lol:
Nickielfc

We went to Petra Mare last year - transfer took about one and half hours, it was night time when we arrived and left so may be different during day time. Lovely hotel but be prepared to get up early to get sunbeds.

Can recommend paying for sea view as the view was probably the best we have ever had - so relaxing sitting out on the balcony staring into the distance. :)
The flight lands about 9 at night so we would get there about midnight, its just not what you need after the flight is it and we will have a 3 year old with us. Is the hotel the last drop and thats why it takes 3hrs?
Off to Stalis twice next year 10th June and then again 2nd September not sure if we've made the right decision going twice but we do love it there so what the hell.
Rick.
nickielfc

When we went there wasn't any other drop off's just straight transfer to Petra Mare, suppose we were lucky really. Same on return transfer.

Think there would have to be a lot of drop off's for the transfer to take 3 hours. Coaches are air conditioned if thats any help.
Thanks for the info, might just book it and hope it goes straight there with no pick ups :tup
Looking to book the Petra Mare asap, we can get flights on differant dates with a early morning flights which should by my reckoning get us to the hotel at around sixish, plenty of the night time left :cheers
Just booked a villa - just outside Rethymnon at May halfterm - with decent flights for a change ie not a night flight coming back
Staying at the Andreas Apts, Gouves for 2 weeks June '10. Never been to Crete before but we're really looking forward to it and Gouves seems like the ideal place for a peaceful holiday.
nickielfc
We went to the Petra Mare last year and transfer was about an hour and half this was arriving in Heraklion at 12 midday
We have booked and are returning there this October landing around 11pm so will be interested to see how long this transfer takes :que
Staying at the Ekati Apts in Stalis on the 11th May next year for 2 weeks. Haven't been to Stalis for 3 years, so looking forward to it!!
YOu have defently to visit Zakros is only 2h by car from your location and one of the most beautyfull area on this island.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.