Eastern Europe Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Eastern Europe
Hi Les and Tina. Just reading some of your old posts, to see what sort of holidays you like, I'd say you'd be best doing DIY and hiring a car for pickup at the airport. You can get some good cheap flights to Dubrovnik airport. The Dalmatian coast is absolutely beautiful and there's lots of lovely places to visit. You could go into Montenegro too - also fantastic. We did this last summer and had a brilliant time. We booked an apartment in Cavtat, just south of Dubrovnik and then another near Kotor in Montenegro.Look for accommodation on sites like Holidaylettings, Ownersdirect etc.
thanks for the advice,much appreciated.i dont really like idea of driving abroad (no experience) what approx would be cost of getting a taxi from dubrovnik airport to cavtat,they are another couple with us so it would be a shared taxi cost which would make it easier for both of us .also when we got to cavtat,i assume we would be able to get a taxi (tour) to places like mostar and montenegro,any idea of these costs,thanks again :)
Hi. I'm afraid I don't know how much a taxi would be from the airport to Cavtat, but it's a maximum half hour so wouldn't be expensive. I'm afraid a taxi to Montenegro would probably be more than hiring a car. There are certainly tours to Mostar, but sorry I don't know how much.
Hi Les

We went to Cavtat in June 06. I would advise you to look at http://www.taxiservicedubrovnik.com You can take it from there and pre-book a taxi transfer. It's only about 3 kms. The prices are displayed on the website, airport - cavtat being 100HRK. Sorry I don't know what the current exchange rate is. It was 10HRK to the £1 in 06.

In the village there are a few agents where you can book trips if you prefer not to drive. There are also boat trips. There is a plentiful water taxi service to Dubrovnik. There is also a public bus service and a tourist bus. Car hire is expensive in Croatia anyway and if you want to go to Bosnia (Mostar) or Montenegro you have to get extra insurance.

There are about 4 ATMs in the village supermarkets etc. You can have an inexpensive meal if you want pasta or pizza or go to a more plastic tables and chairs place. If you go to a nice restaurant with tablecloths and napkins the prices were more on a par with here. I wouldn't like to say how much it is for a beer but if you look on the Resort Report section of this site my review has plenty of the then prices on.

Hope you get fixed up. We booked independantly and saved ourselves a lot of dosh but treated ourselves to the Albatros Hotel instead of the usual self-catering as it was a special anniversary.

Cheers, Jean
I stayed in Cavtat last year,we got the accomadation owner to arrange our transfers.There was 6 of us and it cost about £10 each way.I arranged my own flights and accomadation and saved a fortune.Cavtat is fantastic with a relaxed atmosphere rather than lively.I'm sure you'd love it.There arn't many sandy beaches in Croatia,but the one in Cavtat is fine.Also you'll have to look hard to find apartments with a pool,but i would recommend Cavtat to anybody.Try and get accomadation in the old town otherwise there are some steep walks.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.