Indian Ocean inc. Maldives/Mauritius & India Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in India and Indian Ocean.
hi gimmesun i went to goa with my girlfriend for my friends wedding at christmas and my girlfriend also has crohns disease we was also a bit scared on the things to eat but we had no problem on eating things just be aware as you would anywhere.we also got the insurance from the travel agent no probs :lol: in fact we enjoyed it that much we are there again in november :lol:
Do you know what insurance company you went through? Mind you, he's in Australia so they might not have the same companies there. But I can send him the name just in case. Thanks
it was actually with allied travel and it was called super plus insurance i aint got the number for it now but if you type it in google it will come up :lol:
I am 55 and have had Crohn's since I was 29 - Had an op but have since had to live with it - very well I might add - but some people are not so fortunate. I have lived in Goa for the last 12 years for 6 months of the year and do not have any problems. Eat mainly veggie and cook alot of it ourselves but do not rule out eating in restaurants.
Unfortunately it is an hereditary disease and my son contracted it at the same age as I did but he comes out to Goa each year and spends a month with us without any ill effects - he is Vegan - by choice - nothing to do with Crohn's - but we are very careful with our diet - but you can get what you want - Indian people are very accommodating.
If you want to know anything else please pm me
We have two volunteers coming to help us this year with Crohn's, I had never really heard of it before this year, so to know so many people with it now is strange, is it becoming more common? Just curious, both of them feel they won't have a problem over here, so should be fine....
hya im 42 and have had crohns for 24 years, have been to goa 3 times in the past year and never had any problems if anything my symptoms are much better controlled over there. i eat in shacks restaurants anywhere and have been ok with the food. in april i had an mri scan done out there for £50, :P in the uk it was 8 month waiting list in blackpool or £900 private. Lloyda tsb insures me and they have been great. tell him go ahead nothing should stop him.
Thanks everyone for all your feedback. Definitely makes me feel better knowing that others have gone without any issues. Do you think it's best to stay vegetarian in India if you have Crohn's?? Or just the same precautions as everyone else.
wouldnt go veggie as i like my meat to much! Ive been hospitalised 5 times in the past year but still been to goa 3 times! dont let it beat you. enjoy :lol:
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.