Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
When we travelled during the first Foot and Mouth outbreak any foostuff that passengers had on board with them i.e. sandwiches etc had to be discarded in a large bin that was being guarded by security prior to going through passport control at our destination airport
i hope it gets liffted again befor nov as am wanting to take english bacon as i refuse to pay the price for it in fert lets wait and see av still got 6 weeks to go :)
A family travelling to France last week had to dump all their food which was in their caravan, when theg got to Hull for the Zebrugga ferry. I don't just mean meat, they even had to dump their bread and biscuits which would surely be safe to carry :o
Biscuits are listed as banned foods in the link David has provided above.

luci :wave
Digby

Anything with animal fats in will be banned. During the last outbreak they were taking no chances people had to dump crisps, sandwiches [I assume because of the butter on them as well as the contents]
Hubby and i went Holyhead-Dublin just after the first outbreak occurred and we had sandwiches with us which were supposed to be for breakfast. We were getting 0240 ferry. There was a message on the tv screen saying that dairy and meat weren't allowed so hubby asked if we were ok taking our sarnies to eat on board but wasa told no. His had cheese in and mine had Pate. 0130 hubby decides to dump his sarnies but no way was I letting pate go to waste so I ate mine. The 2 Kit Kat chunky bars that we had weren't a problem as well as crisps. I am surprised that non meat/dairy food is banned though as that poses no threat so biscuits without cream should be ok. What about formula milk for babies as I'm sure thast some parents on a couple of websites I go on will want to know the rules on that.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.