America/Canada Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in America and Canada
Which airline are you flying with?
I have flown with many different airlines and have always taken snacks with me without having any problems. Make sure everything is eaten up before entering the USA though, because their customs are very strict about importing some foods.
Your friend may be thinking of liquids which are a different matter, only amounts up to 100ml. are allowed through security so it's best to buy them in the departure area.
Yep, don't leave that banana in your suitcase unless you want a meeting with a cute Labrador sniffer dog.

On an internal flight in New Mexico last year, someone had obviously ordered a take out Chilli's and didn't have time to eat it. So they brought it on the plane and smelt it out. It was a nice smell mind you.

Never ever had any issues with taking snacks on board a flight. Stock up and enjoy.
It is only food that you have when you arrive in the states so no fruits meat or dairy .I flew in on BA flight yesterday and the sniffer dog went to a family in front of me in the immigration queue and alerted its handler .Turns out they had a packet of steak and onion flavour crisps in their bag which the dog picked up on.They were allowed them as all the flavourings were chemical ones .
If you take fruit onboard eat it and dispose of the bag or leave the uneaten fruit on the plane. Those fruit dogs will pick you out otherwise. Sometimes it's not the dog that's the problem :rofl
Just flown back for the US and like everyone has already said- just dont take any fruit OFF the plane.
But as long as you purchase any drinks in the departure lounge before you board ur fine
Virgin (We travel often Orlando - Gatwick) does not restrict food however BOTH ways into UK and US you CANNOT take Fruit/plants, meat or any dairy products (incl yoghurt, milkshakes, etc). this is for agricultural protection they are the easiest way to transfer things like Foot & Mouth etc.
Taking food on is OK but you must leave any uneaten stuff on the plane (You would probably get away with an unopened packet of crisps). last year one girl in my party ate a pear on the plane then put the core in her bag! Once through immingration we piled up the nad luggage while the kids claimed their bags. (It was a school trip). Cue a cute little Jack Russell who put his paw on the bag in this pile!
We always take sandwiches / snacks on planes to US I cant believe anyone actually likes airplane food LOL
We always enjoy our airplane food :cheers 354 days to go to Orlando :sun2
can any one tell me what the food is like on a thomson flight, or do i play safe and bring my own
For specific airline info please post in the dedicated thread HERE :tup
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.