UK and Ireland Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the UK and Ireland.
Cromer
15 Posts
We went last November - stayed at the Lighthouse. North Norfolk is the land that time forgot (!) and Cromer is a bit 'tired', but it has a good beach and a very relaxed way of life. Surrounding towns such as Sheringham and Wells-next-the-Sea are also worth a visit.
We spent a week at Southrepps ( 4 miles south of Cromer) and it was lovely. We preferred the beach at Mundelsey - it was fairly quiet and just beautiful. Great fish and chips at Cromer though :D
We are going to Cromer on Friday.
I wondered if anyone could recommend thing to do, places to visit.
Is there a Fun Fair on or by the Pier?
Or is that Yarmouth?
And do they have Donkey Rides at Cromer?
Went a couple of years ago and stayed in the lighthouse, but it was November, so not many donkey rides to be had! Small pier and town is tired. Went to Wells next the Sea, which if the tide is out is miles from the sea (!) and Sheringham which is a traditional market town (assuming Tesco hasn't arrived there yet) and also the start/end of the North Norfolk Steam Railway.
hi

There isn't much to do here,a small fair,only really suitable for small children,a few amusement arcades and several shops.Good fish and chips at Mary Janes,if you are going for the day there is probably enough to do but if you're staying longer then it's probably worth driving to Yarmouth.We like Cromer in the winter,good fresh air and the dogs are allowed on the beach then.Hope the weather is good for you cos it's always better if it's sunny.
Ps It's our local beach.
Thank you for your replies. ;)

I am staying with my auntie who lives in Cromer, it's only for the weekend, just so the kids can enjoy the seaside for afew days before going back to school. Kids 5 and 13.
Maybe we can go to Yarmouth for the day.
How far is it to Yarmouth?
Can we get a train/bus there from Cromer?

Thanks
Cromer MAY be a bit tired, but so are we, so it suits us just fine, much prefer it to Gt.Yarmouth. We take our tourer and stay on Wood Hill Park, on the cliff top, lovely!
Hi number CG here ;)

We had a lovely weekend in Cromer.
The kids enjoyed themselves.
We went on the Steam Trains which they loved!!
Weather was kind to us too, and didn't rain until we got on the train.
Hi Kazzzza

Glad you had a good weekend,couldn't advise you about getting to Yarmouth as we drive and so don't know about other transport.We went to Cromer this morning,weather was good.
Hi Karen, glad you had a great weekend, will you be going again?
Hi Oscarben,
Glad the weather was good.
It's a lovely beach.

Hi number yes we will be going back again, for longer next time.
This was just a short trip to see our family.
It was a lovely reunion. :cheers
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.