Myself, my husband and two friends have just returned from a week's cruise on the Thomson's Majesty ship. This was a Western med cruise. Although the cabins are a bit dated everything was very clean and I was surprised by the amount of space and the amount of storage. However, on the second day or so it became obvious that the toilet was not flushing correctly - this was intermittent and we complained to the steward who said they would have a look at it. Don't know what was done but the problem still remained - to the extent that we had to use the public toilet on the floor above - not very convenient to say the least. We complained a few more times to the steward who said that the whole floor was affected by blocked toilets - not the case as our friends, who were on the same floor had no issues. Anyway, the situation did not improve and the smell in the corridor was awful. People were walking along with their noses covered. We complained to reception on at least 3 or 4 occasions - we told them the toilet was completely blocked and could not be used. They said they would send a plumber straight away. We went up on deck for maybe 3 hours hoping the issue would be sorted - not so! We went back to reception and complained yet again - this time a plumber came after about half an hour and worked on the outside of the cabin to clear the toilet. This worked at the time but during the night the toilet was blocked again. I was feeling seasick and the smell did not improve matters for me. I'm not a massive complainer but this is not something that can be put up with. I have put in a complain to Thomsons. Does anyone know how much compensation I should be asking for?