Cruises

Discussions relating to Cruising holidays
We have cruised the Med, and also holidayed there, on a number of occasions when our family were still at school. We were never later than the 3rd week, and were always fortunate with weather. We would not go to Med any later, certainly not November, and would actually choose mid-September all other things being equal. Our experience in October was it is warm enogh in the sun, but the daylight hours are much shorter at that time of year. No guarantees though, as I say we have been fortunate over many years.
Nov was the Topaz cruise from hell

Weather can be variable no reason not to go, its a cruise after all and prices tend to be good.

Last year in Nov you could have had a Courtyard villa with NCL for £600pp 7nights(cruise only)
We cruised the Med second and third week of October and had perfect weather :D Pot luck I guess. X :D
Hello guys, Glad to meet you all. I am newbie to this forum. Hope we will have great discussion. I think the second season would be very hot. Hope you have to decide whether to book or not.
Thanks for the input guys (and gal!). Knew I could rely on help from you. Because the holiday is still very much in the air (a throwaway remark from OH saying perhaps we should have a break later in the year)and knowing how his sometimes frugal mind works :rofl it was the price that attracted me first. £399 for 7 nights cruising the Med on the Norwegian Jade. It was only when I looked into it, did I realise that to get that price we would be cruising from the 14th November. Even though it seems a good deal price-wise, I think this is just a bit too late. Now to start looking for something early October - can't do September at all unfortunately. Mind you, knowing hubby, he could change his mind again and decide to save money and stay at home!
Just had a thought - perhaps I could persuade him to go further than the Med - if the price is right ;)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.