Spain - Costa Dorada Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Dorada.
Thanks for your review Jo :tup
I would have thought the weather would be changeable at that time of year also it will be coming to the end of the season, so many places may start to close.

Kath x
We have been to Salou October half term for a couple of years and are going again this year. Hotels and flights can be very cheap (if you get the flight booking in early). The town is very quiet with shops/restaurants and hotels closing all around you. Lots of sales in the shops. I suspect most places will be open until the weekend of Nov 1st.
Last year weather was nice and warm. Children swam in the sea on October 31st. Hotel pools will probably be open as long as the hotel is, you will find many hotels empty out and then board up for the winter.
Port Aventura is open for Halloween until Nov 2nd, from experience it is very quiet during the week but tends to be full of french at the weekend.
For anybody who has seen Salou in August before, it can be a bit of a shock to see just how out of season the resorts goes.
Barely space to breath in the height of Salou, and come November you would virtually have the town to yourself.
Astans post was pretty much spot on. Up until the end of October there will be people about but you will find the nightlife is very quiet and a lot more grey hair cruising the streets :rofl

I went to Salou in October a couple of years ago and really enjoyed it, a totally different holiday to the height of the season, but I also love Salou in the main summer months - its just very very different, like two different holiday resorts.

Cap Salou would obviously be even quieter than Salou. As long as you are aware in advance that its going to be much much quieter and a completely different atmosphere to this visit then I'm sure you will still enjoy yourselves. Also, I had great weather when I went but in October as Salou is North East Spain the climate is more unpredictable that say the Costa Blanca or Costa Del Sol, but drier and warmer than the Costa Brava.

Mark :cheers
Also towards the end of October a lot of the Spanish pensioners go to Salou on their annual holiday. So you may find that any entertainment in your hotel starts gearing towards them.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.