Tour Operators and Travel Agents

Discussions regarding Tour Operators and Travel Agents
CTS Horizons
7 Posts
Hi
Can't give you any feedback on CTS Horizons (yet) as we're booked with them for a China Panorama tour in October.

I asked a similar question on here and a couple of other travel websites but didn't get any feedback.
We requested their China brochure which came quickly and looked very good.
We also spoke to a couple of people in their office prior to booking and they seemed very helpful & knowledgeable.
Hello

Thank you for getting back, I could not find reference to your Panorama Holiday in the brochure, but if you are staying in Beijing at the Xiyuan Hotel I stayed there around 10 years ago and its really splendid so you should enyjoy. Next year I'm planning to go back to China as I would like to do the Yangtze cruise, so if CTS turn out to be a good company to use will use them again

When I booked I made an appointment with one of the agents went along had a chat about various points I raised, did point out that I had made enqiries on Trip Advisor on some of the Hotels most reviews looked ok, and they said well you have to understand the countries are still very poor, and I think that the holiday is quite expensive and I'm paying single supplement so where does the money go for the upkeep on the hotels, anyway I'm sure I will enjoy the places I will be going to as the far east is one of favourite places, I'm travelling in November.
Please get back to me on what you thought of China

Cheers
Hi
The China Panorama tour is not in their brochure, I think it must a new one as it was on a separate sheet.
It is on their website though.

Thanks for the info on the hotel in Beijing.
The Panorama tour is 27 days and takes in quite a lot of different places.
We also thought about doing a Yangtze cruise but after doing some research on a number of travel websites, we decided against it.

We hope to visit Cambodia, Vietnam & Laos maybe next year, so it would be good to hear your views.

I'll definitely post a review on the tour and hotels when we get back.
Which tour have you booked with CTS?

Polly
Hello Polly

I do envy your trip to China it looks absolutely brilliant, at the moment I wish I had chosen China, but have had friends that gone to where I'm going and they say you will enjoy it

My holiday is the Dreaming of the Mekong, one of the trips that court my eye was the morning trip by elephant to watch the sunrise over Angkor Wat, must be spectacular, and also the trip takes in Laos which on some tours they not include, you have to pay extra

So, Polly enjoy your holiday to China it will an experience you will never forget

Bye for now Doreen
Hi

We went on the trip you asked about in early Feb. this year 2008. Really enjoyed it. It was the third holiday we had with CTS. The other two being Peru, Equador & the Galapogos Islands and India & Nepal. We certainly feel they are really good travel agents. As you book direct you don't have a high street agent getting 10%. Returning customers get 5% discount (not bad).Regarding your query apart from being cold (what did we expect in February) in Hanoi the rest was fine. A great deal of propaganda in the North of Vietnam from our guide in Hanoi (she had swallowed the little red book). We took US dollars which are usefull everywhere.

Shalom89
Shalom89
thanks for the report, it's good to know that you are happy enough with CTS as a travel company to rebook several times with them.

I promise a trip report when we get back from China.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.