Caribbean - Cuba Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Cuba
Have a look through REVIEWS while you wait for replies.
We went to Varadero the first 2 weeks in September a few years ago and stayed at Superclub Breezes Varadero, this hotel is for over 16's only.

It rained every day while we were there but was only for about 10 minutes in the afternoons and as soon as it stopped it dried up very quckly as it was so hot, it wasn't a problem to us. it actually seemed to clear the air.

The beach all along the varadero strip is lovely white sand.

we were in AI so don't really know about food & drink costs

we went on 2 trips

Havana overnight
we went by coach with a company called Cubanacan, we booked it in the hotel, we had a tour of Havana, we went to, the capitol building, a cigar factory, Havana cemetery, revolution square, along the Malecon before being dropped at a hotel to get ready for Tropicana show which was fantastic.
The next day the coach dropped us in the centre of Havana by the market and we had free time before being picked up to go back to Varadero.

Trinidad one day
We flew from Varadero airport to Trinidad which is a world heritage site , we visited a sugar plantation, had lunch in a restaurant, went round the shops and then had free time in the town which was beautiful before flying back the same day, we paid £100 but that was a few years ago

I would love to go back again

That was my best holiday
can anyone tell me ,will varedero be very busy in august september.
I can't offer advice on whether it will busy or not as I don't dtay in places like Varadero but it will be very humid throughout the island at that time. Late August/early September is during the hurricane season so expect heavy rain at some point each day though this can be a blessing as it does help clear the air for a couple of hours as a previous poster says. These daily downpours can turn into spectacular storms and you will always run the risk of having your holiday plans changed if a hurricane hits landfall in Cuba. However, it's never prevented me from travelling there in July/August but then I don't go for the sun and beach type holiday, but you do need to think seriously about whether you want to take the risk.

SM
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.