Spain - Costa Dorada Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Dorada.
Cap salou do not have many banks so.. despite inside hotels there are atm i see kinda hard to take money out in cap salou area
any one know how much it is in to the water park?

im sooooooo starting to worry abt spending money we have saved just over 2000 but we are going self catering family of 5
really dont wana be broke on hols :yikes
Aquopolis Water Park
23.95 if you are over 1m 40cm
17.95 if you are between 90cm and 1m 40
under 90cm free

2 dolphin/sealion shows daily
Has had a facelift this winter and is looking fabulous.
thanks Catmaster hope the kids dont grow much this next 7weeks lol my 2little ones are just under 90cm lol

:cheers
:wave: hi robo 20 we used the cash machine at the cala font hotel,that was a couple of years ago but you could check it out, it's in cap salou on the way down to the smugglers inn.
Can anybody tell me is it worth taking english notes with me as i was thinking it might be better if i take some english notes with me and change them when i am over there. And does anybody know how much commision is taken off if i do take english notes with me and where is the best place to cash them in for a good rate as i will be heading out on 22 june

sharonc
scotland :fly :fly
hi sharonc....I always take some english cash with me as well as euros....so to hand for coming home...tweetie
Thanks tweetie pie but do you loose a lot in the exchange rate is it worth taking english notes and can you tell me where is the best place to take my notes for a good exchange on it i am staying at the International 11 Apartments,so can you tell me where is the best place close to these appartments to cash in thanks

sharonc
scotland

:sun2 :fly
its been about 3 yrs since I was last in salou....we used to go mobile homes on the la siesta campsite...they had a money exchange on site for site users which was good...but site not there now...I always used travellers cheques ....and used to get a better deal there than others had got off site....

I meant take some english as you might need it for on the way home....pain needing a cash machine when all you want is to get home and have a brew....I used to use it for the cleaning deposit we had to pay ....you got it back when you checked out and mobile home inspected and signed as left clean....they accepted pounds or euros....so I always paid in pounds....so not using my euros for it ....then had english cash for coming home.....otherwise we landed up with about £50 worth of euros we didnt need as going on coach or flying home.
my bank charges me arround 14 euro for a 500 pound exchange
Thanks Spanish_80 thats sound ok for me mind you i hope i dont need to use all that and still come back home with some cash :rofl

sharonc
scotland
Hi, can anybody help please?
I am travelling to Salou for the first time in July.
Does anybody know where the best place is to exchange sterling into euros?
Which place offers the best rates?
If anyone can help I would be extremely grateful.
Thanks for your help, Andy !!!
any one just home from salou? that could share the cost of living over there at the min.
me my husband and 3kids are going 2 salou on 22nd july for 2weeks we have our portaventura tickets already bought and ideas how much spending money we will need? any help advice would be gr8 thanks

:)
:wave: well i see the euro has went up a little today it's 1.14 :offtop hope it goes up in the next month :(
hi beermat
just wanted to say i paided for dinner a few nights with my bank card just got my bank statment in dinner was paided with using 1.16
wish i hada knew that before we went we woulda used it every night lol
me my husband and 3kids where in salou for 2weeks self catering and we spend around 1700euros we had a really good holiday for that, brought back loads for every one and ate out every night
:wave: thanks for letting me know hopefully it will be the same when we go in september :tup
I got 1.1419 when went rhodes 3 weeks ago....took way too much...so brought a lot back....Ive put away for next year as you loose money when you change it back....and rate maybe same or even worse next year ...did same last year...rate was 1.18 then...if I'd changed it back I would have lost some of the value...and then paid more to buy it back again for this years hols..... the only thing I like about the euro is the fact you can go different countries each year but you can use your euros from the year before....and you dont loose out by needing to cash in one currency and buy another.
Anyone who is here want to change euro/pound (no fees)? I'm leaving to uk on 11th and I have only 65 pound left from last time...
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.