Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
I don't think "commercial and English" are what you are probably thinking it means ! - Pubs called the red lion, kiss me quick hats, sausages and mash, bacon and egg and all the lager louts you can shake a stick at ! - WELL THIS ISN'T THAT ! - So panic not ! - I think they mean its got everything you want and if not, its probably got it nearby. Its "English" because 99% of the people speak it, the roads are much like here in the UK using the same signs, same side of the road, same rules etc, you can get English breakfasts but not at the expense of driving away traditional things.

Steve
From Permera you can jump on a bus into Paralimni the largest working town in the area it has a selection of traditional bars/tavernas and is the regions main shopping area, if you have a car then only a few min's and you casn be in one of many villages Deryneia,Sotria,Vrysoulles and many others, this part of Kipri is a traditional farming area, so not much in the way of historic sites but on the pluss side you have the national park at Cavo Greco,

if you want to avoid the john smiths /fryup bregaid it wont be too hard

Yassus

wizard
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.