Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
Don't appologise,it's called multi tasking :tup
Thanks for that M_and_M... I feel quite excited now. Really looking forward to it.
Hey All..
Where can i find detailed maps for Cyprus (with streets).

:)
The CTO (Cyprus Tourist Organisation) do free maps of the main tourist areas, although they are not very comprehensive when it comes to street names.

Online, these seem to be the most up to date.

There are available in shops on the Island proper street atlasses of the major towns. I have the Larnaca, (V)Oroklini and Paphos ones, probably out of date by now, though.

If I can help you find any individual streets, let me know which.

Mark
[sigh] Mods... isn't it time there was a sticky for maps?

Here's the official tourist maps from the Department of Lands and Surveys which are more up-to-date than most others.

Paper copies available from the tourist office and by post from

Cyprus Tourist Office
17, Hanover Street
London W1S 1YP
Tel: 0207 569 8800
Fax: 0207 499 4935
e-mail: informationcto@btconnect.com

And the newly revamped Cyprus Tourism Organisation site has an interactive map at http://maps.visitcyprus.com/?Lang=en

HTH, Marion
[sigh] Mods... isn't it time there was a sticky for maps?

Don't sigh Marion, it isn't that bad :D

I'll bring this to Kath's attention and see what she thinks.

Sarah
Unfortunately Marion we don't seem to be able to win either way. :que Some members complain about the amount of stickies and others complain when there are'nt enough.

I'll take a look later and see what compromise we can come to.

Kath HT Admin
There was a dedicated topic for maps, but it wasn't a sticky and had slipped down the forums.

I have now merged all the map topics I could find using the Search facility (which all members can use ;) ) into this topic.

I shall leave it to Kath as the moderator of this forum to decide if it should be a sticky or not.

luci :wave
Thanks for the merge Luci :wink
Topic stuck!

Kath x
Well done, I spent ages looking for a map of Paphos to see where our hotel is and where it is in relation to our previous holiday, and when I found one it was so old it had neither hotel.
http://www.visitcyprus.com

It's the new Cyprus Tourist office site and has downloadable maps

Dave
Downloadable they may be, but they are out of date.
The dual carriageway from the Tombs of the Kings Road is a couple of years old now, but is not shown.

Stick with these, they are about the most up-to-date on t'interweb.

Mark
does anybody know where i can found a map with all the hotels in ayia napa on it please
contact informationcto@btconnect.com tell thgem you are going to Agia Nappa and ask for an information pack with local map ,this will be sent usualy within 7 days

wizard
There's a whole "sticky" topic on Cyprus Maps just near top of forum.....all the maps and links you need are there
Regarding maps, I use wikimapia. I have marked all the places that I've stayed or eaten at etc in Cyprus, France and the UK. Using that, I can give a URL to direct people to exactly the right spot on an interactive map.

Eg:
Kapsalia Villas, Pissouri: http://wikimapia.org/#lat=34.6597664&lon=32.6984453&z=17&l=0&m=s&v=9

Kyrenia Restaurant, Avdimou Bay: http://wikimapia.org/#lat=34.6580808&lon=32.7666485&z=17&l=0&m=b

N.B. This is a work in progress.
We are in resort NOW LoL
road maps are €5 or less and are availab le at lots of shops and car hire firm are giving them away

Yassou
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.