Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
Hello shoestring,

we went to paphos this year on the 4th july for 14 nights with the children (ages 14, 12 and 11) Our 11 year old is not very good with the heat she faints. She coped very well. As you say they have a little time in the pool then back to the apartment for some lunch. (just to get them out the sun for a while) I think you will be fine just need to be sensible. We are returning next year to protaras on the 27th june.
It can get really hot the 1st 2 weeks of July,we normally go 19th June for 2 weeks and we love the heat,one year we went the 27th June for 2 weeks and found at times that it was unbearable,had to make sure we were out of the sun between 12 - 3 and spent a lot of the time in the pool.
You will find that Protaras is always a couple of degrees hotter than Pathos.
excellent.

many thanks to you both.

now i've been , i'm smitten, and would hate not to go back next year!! :cry:

any other views?
Shoestring,
We regularly go to Cyprus July/August. Yes it is hot - 35C in the shade is not uncommon.
Two tips. Wear a hat when in the sun and NEVER go anywhere without a water bottle.
I think your kids will be fine. I reckon the people who are warning you have either never been or just don't like the heat ;)
My opinion
Ady
Hi Shoestring,

We go to Cy every July Aug Summer school Holidays, I have three boys now aged 16, 13, 11 we have been going for 6 years in the summer hols. Admittedly they are dark skinned as their father is Cypriot but we have never had a problem with the heat. They do tend to need more sleep than at home but I think that applies with any holiday as they are so much more active than at home.

Your kids at ages 15 and 11 are more or less adults they will cope with the heat as well as we do. If they are extremely fair instill in them the need for sunscreen and regular breaks from direct sun. Plenty of water to drink and perhaps a hat will help.

Also if you are renting a villa you will have the option to go indoors in the aircon to watch some tv, read a book and relax in the hottest part of the day.

Don't be afraid of the heat we just adapt and slow down, that is the key.

Enjoy your holiday

Ruth
Hi Shoestring, I normally go the last week of June first week of July and the last couple of years it has been getting up and over 100 degrees while i've been there.

Next year i'm going last two weeks of June and expect the same weather.

I love it though,

Ian.
thanks once again :wink:

seems to be what to do - slow down, plenty KEO ..sorry liquid and let the kids in the pool more..and get them in the shade ......god that's what they do now...excellent....just keep my eye on them and it will be okay :)

cheers,

(looks like ''vangelis here we come, june 30th/july 1st 2007"..yeee haa) :P

trefor

Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.