Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
:D We stayed In Marlita Beach, Pernera (just outside Protaras) when my children were 7 and 9.......

Great location........ youre right next to the sea and theres a lovely little bay........ great for snorkelling :wink:

Youre just yards away from Shops, Restaurants, Bars etc.......

Theres a Kids Club, Outdoor Play Area for kids (slides, climbing frames etc) and Im sure that theres a Creche and babysitting service aswell...... although we never needed this as our kids were older.

Its booked through Airtours. :wave
We stayed at Adams beech hotel in Nissi bay and they had great kids entertainment also fantastic pools and right on top of the beach.

youre right next to the sea and theres a lovely little bay........ great for snorkelling

AH, great fun for me then ;-)
Spent half my holiday in Zante with only the snorkle and my backside giving away my location.
Hi, we also stayed at Adams Beach Hotel, got back last week, and it was great for families. There were children of all ages there and they all enjoyed the pools and kids club. There is also babysitting on request, and as mentioned already, has its own beach which is again, great for all ages
Thanks for the answers, kids entertainment isn't too important, our eldest will be three, so she won't be off doing activites and stuff. It's more a family friendly atmosphere in a family friendly resort with nice beaches we're after.

We're looking for self-catering, our experiences in Crete and Zante are that we'd rather wander off and find a taverna every meal and have that freedom.

Cheers,

mike
Hi

We stayed at the Elamaris apartments in Pernera, although I would not recommend them as it was like Butlins abroad. However, the resort was lovely and there were a number of nice sheltered beaches ideal for young children. Our daughter is 4 and she loved it. The Cypriots love kids and most restaurants cater well for them, unlike british ones.

We are returning to Cyprus May 07, but are staying a little further up the road in Kapparis. We have decided to DIY this year and booked our flights and accomodation separately. We used http://www.holidaylettings.co.uk to find a lovely 2 bed apartment, which also has a nice pool area and is within walking distance of a lovely beach called Firemans beach. This way we have a kitchen with full cooking facilities, unlike most package apartments which are quite basic. Eating out was a bit more expensive than Greece so we will be eating out every other night, which will save money. Depending on where you are staying you may need to hire a car which is what we are doing.

I would most definately recommend Cyprus as a place for a wonderful holiday and I can't wait for our return visit.
Oh that looks like a good deal, when I priced a villa in Cyprus with Thomsons it was about 3500 for our family to go. 600 for a villa (one random one I picked off the site) for a week seems a better deal. Who are you flying with?

How much more expensive is Cyprus than Greece? What's a typical meal out cost?

Cheers,

Mike
Hi

We are flying with thomsonfly.com, which we found to be the cheapest for when we are going, which is the last 2 weeks in May and includes the whitsun school holiday week which does push the price up. We paid £851 for the 3 of us, this has gone up since we booked it, so it's best to book asap. As you children are under school age you can go in term time and get a much cheaper flight. I don't know where you are planning to fly from, but we fly from Birmingham. The Birmingham flight times are quite good for us, 8.00am on a Sunday morning and get back to Birmingham about 6.30pm.

Taxi transfers from Larnaca airport to Protaras/Pernera or Ayia Napa are about 25 cypriot pounds (approx £30) each way with INVALID URL which we found very reliable and provided a child booster seat at no extra cost.

As for eating out, I can't remember exactly what we were paying, but it was similar to eating out in a mid range restaurant in England. Saying that if you look around like anywhere you can find cheaper places, and I don't think we had one bad meal, except for the night we ventured into Protaras which we found very commercial and busy. Pernera is a lot more relaxed and the restaurants were very good.

Hope you find something suitable and have a good holiday.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.