Cruises

Discussions relating to Cruising holidays
cruises
5578 Posts
My friends just been round tonight and has asked is there any chance i can get on your cruise too? (just split from b/f so in need of a holiday)

Have been searching the net for any deals and was interested to see Archers Direct are doing the MSC cruises this year - cheapest i could find the 3/7 cruise was £699 but no doubt thats 2 sharing and my friends on her own. Cant see it working out?

Alison :D
Hello everyone

A voice from the past here ...... tis patricia63 .... going back a few weeks found i could not leave messages for some reason .... did contact hometruths but did not manage to sort it so thought beggar it use my other email addy and using a nickname i have.

Been very interesting reading all the posts .... it certainly does not get any better .... i am still miffed at not getting a cruise for a tenner as promised ..... yes have got a cruise but lot more than a tenner. I would support any group action taken .... not read this report out yet but by sounds of it it is not worth the paper it is written on. Some weeks ago William did point out that my local MP is apparantly MP for Consumer Affairs he might be someone to complain to ... just a thought .... hope you are all well ... love patricia
Hi luvsrainbows formerly known as Patricia 63, how are you?
Welcome back :pele :pele :pele :pele :pele :pele :yipee :yipee :yipee :yipee :yipee :yipee :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :hyper :hyper :hyper :hyper :hyper :hyper :hyper :hyper :hyper

We have missed you.

Dizzy
Hi Patricia, lovely to hear from you. I wondered where you had got to :)

Elaine xx
Ditto from me Patricia!
Hi all, might be my last post one here for a little while as I am flying out to Miami on Friday. (Guess i should think about packing soon :roll: ) Will update when get back. I should meet up with Chris (Wallecan) on the plane, ive got his seat number.

Good luck to every one still trying to get their cruises.

Just in case i don't get another chance, Have a great cruise Ali (another cabby cruise) Enjoy it.

Colin
Have a great trip Colin. :fly :fly :fly :fly :pele :pele :pele :hyper :hyper :hyper :wow :wow :yipee :rofl :rofl :yipee :yipee :gluck :gluck

Dizzy
Thankyou Colin, Have a great trip too!! go and pack! (Have pm'd you)

:fly :fish :yipee
Hope you both have a great time. Just remember to let everyone know about it then us cancelled cabbys can 'cruise' in our imagination.
As everybody seems to be flying here, there and everywhere, I thought I'd tell you I'm off to New Zealand for a couple of weeks - I'll be back in time for my cruise.

Avid followers of this thread will (or, more likely, won't) recall that I advertised on the Internet for solicitors who would agree to my T&Cs. Well, I've had a reply. A company based in NZ are willing to work for me. Unfortunately, their town of ''takenforaride'' doesn't appear on any map I've seen, so I have to fly out there myself to look for it. Naturally, the cost of this trip will have to be borne in mind when calculating the final price of my Back Garden Cruise.

Here endeth the madness.......

Fay's Intrepid Enterprises Anonymous

p.s. I'm not actually going to NZ - just in a daft mood....
Welcome back Patricia. I thought you were too busy shopping for your cruise to log on. There have been a few more success stories but still a lot of us with nothing. We are now waiting our allocation letters for Fay's back garden cruise. When you finally got back to this site with your new details you must have thought you had entered the twilight zone. It has been a little bid mad lately to say the least.
Hi Maureen

Allocation letters will be in the post once my new solicitors draw up T&Cs, I have checked bank details of applicants, and my mental health physician gives me the all-clear......

Seriously, now that activity on this thread had picked up with real news and interesting topics, I hope to give my Back Garden Cruise posts a rest - though I've often tried to curb my rotten humour in the past, with no success to date..... Maybe I'll just have to try harder!!

:pele :pele :glynis :glynis :glynis

Fay
Hi I have just found this article about the ASA ruling.
http://www.brandrepublic.com/bulletins/incentive/article/469197/daily-express-mkm-promotion-slammed-10-cruise-promise/

Sorry about the long address hopefully, Lucy can edit this for me.

Dizzy
No problem Dizzy as the url isn't stretching the page. :wink:

luci :wave
Our cousins across the pond mention someone close to our hearts in a short item on

http://www.lechai.com/weblog/2005/01/genius-of-week-nominee_25.html

which refers to a recent promotion which hit a few snags.
Moving on to bigger and better promos, perhaps?
:wave :fly :wave :fly :wave Okay maybe i should start packing as I am going in the morning :pele :pele :hyper :hyper but just thought i would log in one more time beofre i go to say bye and good luck with getting your cruises. catch up with you all when i get back.

Colin :wave
Re the above article . If you click on the "wine folk left grounded" link and go to the Sunday Sun article this phrase jumps out of the page :-
MKM said the response to the offer was significantly greater than they had anticipated.

Now where have we heard that before ? Yes, in yesterday's ASA ruling.
Just read the text in the link about the wine promotion earlier :rofl :rofl :rofl

Mark Koch, managing director of MKM Marketing, said: "It's been an awful time. We have had a lot of calls from customers.

"Like in life, a few mistakes can happen, and it's time to move on."

That is very very familiar :omg :yikes

To te next bunch going off to the wide blue yonder :fly make sure you take pleny of pictures to post when you get back and have a few :glynis :glynis :glynis

Enjoy yourselfs
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.