Cruises

Discussions relating to Cruising holidays
Hi
Im in total shock Icant believe that anything so terrible was said. Im sure everyone realised that all that was being written were personal views and people relating their tales of woe re trying to secure their cruises. Whatever happened to the freedom of speech and all that!
And to think we are their success stories, just when we are all awaiting Williams return, I hope he can find aplace where he can post and we can read about his cruise.
The topics will be examined...hopefully tomorrow....by our lawyers.

Once we have their final input we will post here for you.

I am devastated that it has come to this...we have tried to sort this amicably with Rise, offering to remove any posts they wish us to if they send a link for each post they want removing, but that was insufficient.

Once our lawyers have read the topic and advised we will post to let you know the outcome.

Thank you for taking this with understanding and humour. I expected a huge backlash.

Regards

Van
Thanks Van
We wait with baited breath........
Our sense of humour has had to keep us all going or else we would have all gone screaming bonkers by now, so I'm sure we can hold it together till it's sorted!
Alli :)
Van,
Hope the legal people can guarantee HT are safe from potential prosecution.

I have been as outspoken as any on this forum and would like to reaffirm that anything I have posted regarding The Daily Express Group, MKM and Rise Travel has been my PERSONAL OPINION.

This is not necessarily the opinion held or supported by Holiday Truths who have merely provide a vehicle for the exchange of opinions.

I for one am willing to stand in any court of law and justify my opinions and my right to express them in what I believe is still classed as a democratic country.

There has been a balance of opinions offered regarding this whole £10 Cruise Deal fiasco and each posting has been `tested` by the checks and balances of both HT Moderators and other members right to contest an opinion. There have been positive and negative postings commensurate with the service perceived to have been provided by those companies.

We have far more than "12 good men(and women)" who have had equal chance to voice opinions on this forum.

This includes Rise Travel/MKM/DE who have posted on occasions but decided not to answer any questions substantially or allay any fears directly through this site.

I fully understand that you have responsibilities which you must address as you deem best but hope that a democratic forum can be reinstated in the very near future.

TonyW
ps Should you wish, you may provide my full name and contact details to relevant third parties with whom I will gladly confirm this opinion.
If we are getting serious (which of course this is, but we try to lighten things up as usual), there is an interesting article at http://www.urban75.com/Action/libel.html which, if you read a little way down, indicates our responsibilities and liabilities as contributors.
Thanks for that Allisu, it helps to clarify what is right from wrong.

Dizzy
I think that sums it up very well in simple terms Allisu.

Van :wave
Nice one Allisu!

Having read the article I am so tempted to use the defense of "Fair Comment" and "Being Abusive" to their fullest extent!!

Will hold my tongue for now, as I think we all should wait and see what occurs before we get too hot under the collar (Thinking of the Mods. who could do with our support at this point).

Think I might just use the "...not extend to the dead" option if push comes to shove. :rofl

TonyW
Tony
Or we could decide on some nicknames!
Alli

ps. I hope I haven't offended anyone as it states it's an 'Idiot's Guide', but I thought, as Val says, that in simple terms it explains things nicely.
Sanity will soon prevail I am sure! I am in total agreement with the previous postings on this new subject and know that collectively we will support HT in any way we can. I am sure we are all saddened at the latest event and hope it hasn't caused distress to any mods. You all do a terrific job!
Or we could decide on some nicknames!
Alli

That`s an idea Alli.......or should I call you "Fred27" from now on?? :lol:
Thank heavens, and TonyW and Alli that humour reigns - perhaps I might fall asleep smiling after all!
perhaps I might fall asleep smiling after all!

Good night Dave 653!!!!! :lol:
Morning everyone,

Thanks for that link it made very interesting reading.

Was on my way to bed two hours ago when decided to just check email and HT etc and was both shocked and saddened to find we were no more. Having access to this forum and the support one has got from the mods and members has been brill, had some laughs and been reduced to tears along the way but we got this far and quite a lot of us got cruises and i sincerely hope those without get them soon. I hope it can be reopened cos feel like i have made some friends here. love Patricia xxx
I would just like to clarify for our members, that your posts have not been deleted, but withdrawn (until we hear from our Lawyers) for the reasons explained below.

Our moderator of this forum, Luci, has received emails from Rise questioning certain posts from our members, who were allegedly making libellous comments against the company and their staff.

As one of the administrators of the site I rang the person and had a lengthy (what I thought constructive) conversation with him regarding the posts.

The reason I agreed to speak from my home to this person was because Holidaytruths was being threatened with legal action because of the content of some of our members posts.

I adhered to this persons request that certain posts be edited and I searched for them and complied immediately. I further suggested that any other posts they thought inappropriate to contact me personally and if they would provide me with the link to the post I would personally remove asap.

Our moderator has since received further requests for information to be removed which, unfortunately without the links, is impossible to find within 5000+ posts. Despite a further request from Luci to provide links the person is 'not prepared to screen all the postings on this topic'

Therefore we have been given no alternative (until our lawyers screen the 5000+ topics ) to remove the thread until any libellous remarks can be removed.

In the meantime we would be grateful if members would not:-

Mention any staff member of the company by name.

Do not make any defamatory comments against the company.

Do not post any email addresses or telephone numbers.

Stick to facts that you can support.
i am sorry thread has been shut down,i would like to say i support h t 100% it has been great to communicate with every body i hope that it is able to be sorted a.s.a.p there are so many people that have had hope and encouragment.i will keep checking allday when i can and hope we are back on soon.carol.
hi everybody
just logged on to get my daily fix of humour and find we are no more. hope we are allowed back on soon as I feel that I have lost a lot of friends. looking forward to hearing all about williams cruise, phil will be back from his holiday soon and will wonder where we are. hope all will be settled soon and we can all :) again. thank you van and all the mods. vivien
Hi peeps

I would just like to add my thanks for your understanding and patience. I am pleased to see that the news has been received with your usual good humour and understanding which is very much appreciated.

Hopefully Van will have some news for us soon, but it may take our lawyer some time to read all 5000+ posts!

Best regards

luci :wave
.....and here is a picture of the Lawyer after his first night of post-reading.......

http://img211.exs.cx/img211/6104/oldman9hj.jpg

..and he only managed 5 posts!! :lol: :rofl
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.