Cruises

Discussions relating to Cruising holidays
Well done, Luci.

That was extremely thoughtful of you.

William will appreciate that nice touch when he logs on - let's hope he finds your PM!.

If only every organisation gave such excellent customer service!
Hi Cruiser,

There is at least one other company that offers good service and their name is Fall Travel. You may have heard of them. Their staff are courteous, professional and always call back when they say they will. They are well organized and go out of their way to make sure that their customers get what they were promised when they signed up for their holiday. Fall Travel believe in constructive criticism and encourage customers to suggest ways that they can improve their already excellent service. All in all they are what you would call a Quality company.
I would also like to add my thanks and support to the moderators on this site.
so would I, they all do a grand job. :ghug :) :)

Elaine xx :wave
I too would like to add my support and thanks. I am one of the lucky ones who has booked and i am grateful for the advice and support i have found here.
Tanker night tonight and sooo pleased that there is a little re-grouping going on. Trust that we are ok to post on this forum providing no opinions expressed!! Just hope that others, who like me were just totally baffled yesterday will find their way here. Know that the site has been contencious of late but other than one letter and lots of ********'s I can't see what the problem was. Me thinks perhaps the old adage - "United we stand divided......" was really the problem. Van and Luci you have done a great job and lets hope that the outcome is positive.
Hi Juro, Can you please add me to the tanker route, I could be doing with joining you in absentia, or even in a glass or two!
Calling all North Yorkshire HT members! Radio York would be interested to hear from you! This applies ONLY to those resident in North Yorkshire and who have NOT received a cruise confirmation (there is a difference between an allocation and a confirmation) Please send an email to elly@bbc.co.uk. Members from other areas are advised to email their local BBC radio station. PLEASE DO NOT TELEPHONE, EMAIL ONLY!

I hope this falls within HT guidleines. I spoke to the above today, and they suggested they would like to hear from others in a similar position to me from North Yorkshire.
Thanks
A
x
Calling all North Yorkshire HT members! Radio York would be interested to hear from you!

Hi there,
Perhaps you and anyone with a local link could post it in the "Daily Express Cruise Useful Links and Tel. nos" topic in the "Cruises" Index as well as on here.

This will make it easier to find the link when needed.

Tony

(How`s my training programme going to become a Mod eh??,,,Just call me Captain Sensible....for the moment anyway :D )
  • Edited by TonyW 2005-02-26 00:11:17
Captain Sensible?

So that explains why you're doing so much Happy Talking!

Sorry :rofl - I forgot to mention, I've got a terrible sense of humour!

Graham
Hey Frobozz,
You're older than you look! :lol:
Captain Sensible?

So that explains why you're doing so much Happy Talking!

Enjoy it while it lasts...........your sense of humour cannot be more terrible than mind. (Sounds like a challenge to me!! :shock: ) :lol: :lol:

Tony
Thought my link was broken, then was baffled when I couldn't find the topic, now I understand why though I don't understand how **** could be so touchy. I wish they had given as much thought to our feelings, if they had this forum would not have been necesssary. :x
I wish to thank all on this forum, especially Van and Luci as I beleive I would not have been offered my cruise without their advice and link. I would also be under the impression that I was cruising to Libya in June, as the only hint that I have that this cruise is not on was from this forum.
I am sure most people posted as I did, reporting fact, and giving my own personnal opinion based on the way i was treated. I even praised them when they did sort me out!
Let's hope the lawers let us fight on for those less fortunate and to use a phrase from over here - No Surrender. :evil:
I would like to thank everyone connected with this forum for their postings and advice, along with all the administrators. Without ,you I feel I would not have had my cruise confirmed. Problem is, without this forum, others will not be able to take the same advice. Maybe thats the real problem!!!!
There is at least one other company that offers good service and their name is Fall Travel. You may have heard of them. Their staff are courteous, professional and always call back when they say they will. They are well organized and go out of their way to make sure that their customers get what they were promised when they signed up for their holiday. Fall Travel believe in constructive criticism and encourage customers to suggest ways that they can improve their already excellent service. All in all they are what you would call a Quality company.

I've heard of that company too, Silver Arrow! I understand they have a very clear pricing structure and they pride themselves on a swift turnaround from initial offer to final satisfaction. I believe they work with a range of blue chip providers, with an extensive service to South America :lol:.
Dogleap and Borismax, I would agree with that totally....thank you to everyone. I know that even if I had managed to obtain a cruise without this site, I doubt whether I would have got my refund and I would have been none the wiser. I may even have ended up paying the single supplement as well! Thank you to mods and admins too for making all the info logical and accessible and for trying to keep us on topic.....difficult!!!
Hey Frobozz,
You're older than you look!

I'll take that as a compliment, I think :?! It's not that long since my 20th birthday.

Well, alright, it's twenty years or so since then, but it doesn't feel that long!

And TonyW - I always accept challenges (but don't always win them!)

So what's it to be - pistols at dawn? I'm OK with that, but would prefer pillows at thirty yards, or marshmallows at thirty paces.

You choose.

I'm sorry if this is :offtop , but as the topic itself has run down the curtain and joined the bleedin' choir invisible, we don't really have a topic at the moment.
Can all members please see the 3 new topics at the top of the cruise forum and provide the info requested.

Thanks

Van
HI ALL.
Thank you Luci,for your PM.Got back home about midnight,5 hour delay I knew Thurs night the flight had been cancelled.As i had missed my last National Express connection.Thomson's,as a gesture of goodwill.Booked me a Taxi while i was still in Tenefife,from Manchester Airport,to my flat a distance of about of about 70/75 miles,and gave me cash to pay the driver.They negotiated the price.
Will post more fully tomorrow,about a wonderful week,and the company of 2 lovely ladies,"Jennie" and her mum.So sad to be back home.

If what has happened.I hope the members dont object to me sending a big thank you card to Emma at D/E.

William
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.