Cruises

Discussions relating to Cruising holidays
Private eye eh? hmmm, IH would like that,it seems he has had a few "run ins "with the DE before,think he may like another one,GO FOR IT!!!!
Sorry to be stupid Windjammer, I just didn't make the connection to my 'bible' which I subscribe to and hear from every week! Now I have to check out what MSE says about cruises!
Private eye eh? hmmm, IH would like that,it seems he has had a few "run ins "with the DE before,think he may like another one,GO FOR IT!!!!

It really is up to the 'cruiseless' to lift the cudgel and fight on now.

Strangely, back almost 4 years ago, we contacted many many organisations but I never once heard Private Eye being mentioned. What a shame because I am sure they would have shown more fangs than the organisations who did feature our plight but who never really determinedly fought our case and who also broadcast the feeble excuses put forward!!! Anyone remember the extraordinarily long hurricane season that went on in Autumn 2004 which caused so many cancelled cruises? The strange thing was that not one of the cruise lines approached by Watchdog for example had suffered any delays or cancellations at all!!! All of the cruise lines in fact which were supposedly those which would be used for the offer!!! Only one cruise line admitted to any delays but strangely enough, it wasn't among those mentioned with whom applicants would be cruising!!!

Are you still out there Andrew? Do try an approach to Private Eye!
A real blast from the past but I got an e-mail out of the blue today from Phillip Morris from Bristol whom some of the original crowd may remember and he asked me to pass on his good wishes to everyone on here for a very happy Christmas and New Year.
Now that is a blast from the past! You can remind Phil that HT has loads of forums he may be interested in if he is still holidaying!

luci :wave
Aaaah, Phil! The good old days :cheers

I hope he is well and that the coven are keeping him in line!!!
Hi all. Thought it was about time someone resurrected this thread!
Just wanted to say I decided to whack in a claim on behalf of my wife. Had my cruise in 2005
whereas hers just disappeared lol. Never entered into any prior correspondence before small claims.
Although defended, backed down in a matter of days. All over from start to finish in 6 weeks.
Never thought it would be so simple. No argument whatsoever.
Did your wife get offered a cruise for £10 or a monetary amount unstead? I think I was the last to post that I got a cruise. Most seem to be taking the money instead now.
Cash settlement. Just as well really - didn't fancy her swanning off on her own!
Makes you wonder how many people just wrote it off. I did for 4 years!
When they finally rang to offer me a cruise I was given a choice of several different 7 day cruises or one 14 day cruise, which I chose. I took my husband and we had 2 weeks cruising the Med on the Island Star. It cost more than £10 but it was one of the nicest cruises we've been on, with really good ports of call.
Hi Just found my paperwork to my DE cruises, and it reminded me of old friends and 2 wonderful cruises. Great to see people are still getting their cruises in 2009,I'm still telling my £10 DE cruise story when anyone brings up the subject of bargain holidays, to much disbelief.
Hope you are all keeping well,take care.
Raych
Me too, Raych! Great to meet so many lovely people like Magsy.

And just over four years ago Terry & I met in the Alitalia queue in Heathrow Airport on our way to the Melody. I paid more than £10 but it was definitely worth it!
I've kept having a look at this to see if there had been any activity but I really doubt there are many left who are still fighting. I don't think we'll ever see another offer like that and I wonder how they would have coped if even more people had found HT and been given the strength and encouragement to join battle. I too reminisce about the Melody - happy days.
I've been lucky enough to go on several cruise and I still think my D E one was one of the best, and not just 'cos it was cheap. :rofl I visited some great places that some bigger ships don't go to. The ship was a bit in need of a refurb but the crew were great and there was no continual nagging about 'gratuities' as these were included.

Asleema,
Have you heard from Phil Morris? He used to have me in stitches with his tales of his 'coven'.
Not a word for ages Maureen. He did e-mail me some time ago and I replied but he then disappeared again. I'd love to know how he and the coven are getting on. TonyW is still OK if you remember him
How nice to see so many friends who were very active in the 'fight' for our cruises and nice to see another claim success. It saddens me to think of just how many people gave up the fight at the first hurdle. I must admit it was only pride that started me fighting in the first place - I didn't want to look foolish to the people who laughed at me for collecting the tokens!!! I wonder how our erstwhile travel agent is now!!! Do you all remember Phil taking the bull by the horns and making the journey to their offices to claim his cruise 'face to face' Phill was such a wonderful character keeping us all amused and I do hope he is keeping well and not giving the 'coven' too much to worry about! To those whom I don't keep in touch with personally I send my greetings and hope you are all still cruising and to my good friends I look forward to speaking to you all soon! Of course greetings go to our long suffering moderator Luci too! :sun2
Hi Magsy, Weren't you talking about organising a reunion cruise at one time? Lovely to hear from you and I'll give you a ring when I get back from Tunisia. xx
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.