Cruises

Discussions relating to Cruising holidays
Also they had Judith Chalmers advertise this offer on prime-time television. So after going to all that time and expense they were "surprised" that so many people took up the offer.

I think the greater mistake that they made was that they thought that most people would either pay for a costly upgrade and/or pay a full fare for a partner. In most cases this did not happen.
Exactly and this is where they would balance the books.

Sue.
Hi fellow cruisers, just a little snippet of news about our good friend Aslemma. Unfortunately, on a recent trip to Tunisia, Aslemma had a nasty accident which entailed her having a four day stay in hospital and of course a rather ruined holiday. Equally unfortunate is the fact that she also picked up some kind of infection and is still trying to find an antibiotic which works!!! None of this is being helped by having a less than satisfactory experience with her travel insurer ------ (now why am I not surprised!!!)

Thankfully this has not affected Pat's sunny positive personality and I can report that her wit is a sharp as ever and all she is really looking forward to is her next trip to her favourite holiday destination! (With a few other jaunts in the meantime!)

I am sure you will all join me in wishing her a speedy recovery :cheers
Thanks for this information Magsy, and GET WELL SOON ASLEMMA!
Aw shucks :oops: Thanks Alsa. I thought this would only have been of interest to those on the Tunisian forum, where I've obviously got a bit of stick as well as good wishes. :roll: I've just started my fifth course of antibiotics (no alcohol allowed with them) but managed to get my boots on yesterday for the first time in over 6 weeks so I live in hope it will be cleared up soon!!!
Hell, Aslemma,

Very sorry to hear about your accident. Are you fully-shod and dancing merrily again?

Cruiser
Not exactly Cruiser. I've finished my fifth course of antibiotics and can get shoes on but I'm still getting some pain and discharge though it's a lot better than it was. The doc has arranged for me to see a consultant next week as she isn't happy,. At least I've got a nice full diary, even though it's been medical rather than social engagements!! :roll:
Hello - is anyone still looking at this thread? I am one of the many who is still waiting for or given up on their cruise. I have ben meaning to do something about it but life has got in the way. Am I too late now? Any thoughts gratefully received.
Hi Flora and welcome to HT . If anyone on here can help you I'm sure they will give you a shout soon. What a long time ago it seems since I had my cruise though I still have many happy memories. I wouldn't be surprised if you can still claim and I'm sure HT will contact many of those who have been involved in the past who may be able to give you tips. In the meantime you might like to have a look a bit further back on here (though not right back to the beginning of course) and pick up some pointers. I do wish you the very best of luck. I do know how life has a habit of getting in the way when you mean to do something but just don't get round to it. :gluck
Hi Aslemma - I wasn't expecting such a quick response so thank-you. I have read back some of the posts and think I need to start off with a letter to DE who will ignore me and then go through the small claims process. I have all the paperwork (amazingly for me!) but I'd like to make sure I'm not out of time before I start and I don't know where to find out.
I'm not sure if the Statute of Limitations applies to cases like this and if so how long it is, but having 'googled' the best I can come up with is the link below, which seems to imply that it is six years, presumably from the time the paper reneged on their offer. It might be useful to get in touch with the Small Claims Court informally and see if they can give you any advice.

http://www.brewerconsulting.co.uk/cases/CJ0108RR.htm
Don't be discouraged, Flora!

I don't think it's quite six years since the original offer, and they've relied on people giving up, while quietly settling loads of cases.

How are you feeling now, Aslemma?
Fine now thank you Cardiff girl but I've got some lovely scars as a memento! I'm off back to Tunisia next Saturday (volcanic ash permitting) and very much hoping for a less eventful holiday than I had last time. :roll:
Hope you have a lovely (and incident-free!) time there, Aslemma x
Flora, have you actually been in contact with anyone at all so far, because the date of previous correspondence will help! I really don't think the newspaper can claim 'out of date' since they broke every original contract in the first place! Not one single person actually cruised in 2004 so they were in breach of contract on a time basis from 2004 so can hardly call you claim time excused! They may try and use the excuse that the travel organiser caused the mayhem (not to mention the hurricane season!) but that is not acceptable since your contract is with the newspaper and not their appointed travel agent! (Hmmmmmm, I wonder if they are still trading anywhere? Remember Mr Tangoed girls?)

Gather together (and copy!) every single piece of paper you have and I would suggest that you look back on this thread for the last person who claimed by applying to the Small Claims Court. Their minds will be much clearer than mine certainly because I (together with Cardiff Girl and Aslemma) was one of the successful people who actually got a cruise.

Don't just let it drop, go for it!
(Hi Luci!)
Hi Aslemma and Cardiff Girl.

Hope things are ok in Wales and that your Dad is improved!

Is Tunisia ready for you again Aslemma. No boat trips this time please! Terra Firma all the way! Enjoy and I hope this dust storm isn't interfering with your plans at all! Have a great time!
Thanks very much Cardiff Girl. I'm so glad Magsy has come on board and her advice is excellent. You are lucky in that you still have all the paperwork Flora and are therefore in a very good position to pursue this.

Just keep your fingers crossed for my flight next Saturday Magsy: incidentally, how are you and John getting down from Scotland to Southampton to join the ship?

Hi from me too Luci :kiss and apologies that we've strayed :offtop
We are driving down and actually making a mini holiday out of it! We originally intended to leave on Friday but now it looks like it will be Thursday so 5 nights in all. Aslemma, it looks like Scottish airports are starting to open up so perhaps all will be well for next weekend!

I know this is a natural disaster but it is still causing chaos, not least of which is that my daughter's brother-in-law is stuck in Dubai on his way back from Australia to see his very very ill son. We can only hope he makes it back in time! That rather puts those of us with interrupted holidays in to perspective doesn't it, not that I blame people for lamenting the loss of their hard earned holidays!

The rumbling has now started about whether or not insurance companies will pay up for the volcanic dust problem! The cynic in me says "TYPICAL" Does anyone else ever wonder why we part with hard earned money for insurance?
Sent you a PM Magsy as don't want to get our hands slapped for being :offtop
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.