Cruises

Discussions relating to Cruising holidays
Hi Bedsdriver,
Welcome to HT Daily Express saga
Please let us all know how you go on and wish you lots of luck.
The main thread, about the offer is here.
http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/viewtopic.php?p=629598#629598

Peter
Hi,
Just want to confirm a cruise which was allocated to me for departure on 16th April 2005. Itinerary was Houston, Cozumel,Roatan, George Town, Houston.Please add me to the list.
Paul Madine. :)
Added - luci
Hi, only just realised this was here and missed most of the stuff about the DE cruises somewhere along the way. Was originally allocated a med cruise some time around may 2005 and only heard about Watchdog etc. when nothing more happened as cruise time approached.

I tried calling the number I'd got originally and got another number from the answer machine. Got through to the second number and various arguements that I never confirmed I WANTED the cruise!!!! Rubbish! Said I would hear in six weeks and I never did. Tried the number again and it was a dead line. Heard about Watchdog at that point (slow on the up take!) and dropped an email direct to the editor of the DE via their website. Got a letter saying I would be contacted in due course.

Just about go give up - got a 'phone call a few weeks ago to say I could have a cruise to Egypt. Originally intended going alone but couldn't not take my sprogs to Egypt since younger ADORES all stuff egypt. So all 3 of us are going. Flying out of Glasgow, took in-flight meals plus cabin up-grade/one with port hole. Details therefore:

Departing Glasgow March 9th 2006.
Thompson Spirit red Sea Cruise.
My cost - original £10.00
Total for two kids (ages 17 and 13) plus add-ons above - £705.00
Tickets are in and we are counting the days.

Please add me/us. (Seems a tad unfair given that I have missed most of the "troubles"). We are counting the days.

meg

** Added - luci **
Hi meg and welcome to HT!

Congratulations on getting your long awaited cruise!

We have a topic on the Red Sea Magic cruise HERE which may have some useful information for you.

luci :wave
Congratulations Meg. I am sure you will all have a wonderful time! Hopefully lots of people are getting cruises and who knows, hopefully some HT members will get some soon - fingers crossed!
I haven't posted on the site for about 9 months. I was so frustrated about everything. In November I got the Express address from the site and wrote asking when I would get my cruise. I received a reply this morning offering a choice of destinations and dates in March, April, May and October. I telephoned and booked one on the Island Star on 7th October flying from Glasgow. Rivieras (Palma - Livorno - Santa Margherita - Nice - Toulon- Sete - Palma). My cabin is an outside cabin on the Golden deck (2nd top deck) with restricted view (lifeboats outside). The original £10 was waived but £35 for fuel taxes and £10 inflight meal are all I have paid. :pele
Would you please add me to the list.

The company I had to phone had just received all the info so with any luck a lot more letters will be going out to those waiting for their cruise.

Has anyone been on the Island Star and is anyone else going on it?

** Added - luci **
Please can you tell us which travel agent is handling your booking as R*** are nolonger involved?
Think the company who called and offered/arranged my cruise was "The Cruise Store"? but have had nothing in writing from them. All paperwork, tickets etc. has come direct from Thompsons.

Meg
Great news Rene, you are finally getting your cruise - well done. Here's hoping the flood gates are now opening for everyone else!
I have now been given a cruise for 28th October 2006 on Spirits Island Star.

Travelling round the med. Full details is on one of the other threads.

** Added - luci **
Med cruise on Island Star 20th May 2006...but I'm not holding my breath

** Added - luci **
It sounds good to me Shade. Many congratulations - not long to wait now and I shouldn't think there will be any problems at this late stage. Do keep us posted - those who have gone before salute you :)
At last add me to the 20th May 2006 Island Star cruise around the med

Janet

** Added - luci **
Miles accepted £35 cruise taking a partner at a cost of £450 - please add to list of Island Cruises - Rivieras 13 May 2006

Veronica accepted £35 cruise taking a partner at a cost of £450 - please add to list of Island Cruises - Discovery 10 Oct 2006

Can't wait and its Miles birthday on the 13th - what a present!! :lol: 8)
** Added - luci **
Could someone let me know the email adress & telephone number that you have been using to get so far with the express. I seem to just get an answerphone & despite sending all my stuff, twice, I haven't heard anything!!!
Please help!!!!
Thanks.
This topic is only for posting dates of DE cruises which have been booked and confirmed. Please post any other queries in the main DE £10 cruie topic.

hi, just received confirmation from the cruise store of my 7 day med cruise on island star. 23 september. hope for all. good luck. i accepted a charge of £40 flight supp to avoid any further delays. :)
Many thanks for updating us Martin. :tup That's great news.

I am sailing on the Island Star in less than 4 weeks and really looking forward to it after reading the recent positive reviews.

Well done Martin, enjoy your hard earned cruise - I am sure you will! You have a great time too Luci! I really hadn't fancied Island Star but now I'm off to find the reviews you mention! Perhaps I will change my mind!

To anyone who may be interested, The new MSC past cruiser club is only open to Italians at present but they do intend to open it to other nationalities from September 2006. I imagine it will be opened country by country so I will let you all know if I find anything more out about it.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.