Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Hi I go to Side evry year which is near Kemer, Kemer is between Side & Manavgat. It is more a German resort but still with lots of Brits. You will really enjoy it, there is plenty to do and see around. Take a bus ride to Manavgat, they have great markets and centre of Side have fantasic shops etc. Lots of watersports too the kids will love it. If you want any more info just ask

:wave:
Hibz7 - I think you may be confusing Kemer with somewhere else. Side is to the east of Antalya and Kemer is to the west, nowhere near Side!
Oh right thankyou, there is a place right at Side though called Kemer, same spelling and everything. I've been through it on the bus

:que
I may be wrong but I wont know till I go again haha i'm just sure that it is on a bus journey but I know there is a resort now called Kemer which is obviously where this man is going on holiday too not the one I mean, to be honest I did think how is he staying there because I wasnt aware it had many hotels

:whoops
I have looked and there don't appear to be any English reviews on the web for this hotel. However the German 'holidaycheck' website has 123 reviews! So I think you can assume that you are likely to be the only British family there, especially as it is very early in the season that you are going. Your only hope is if whichever company you booked it through is selling it a lot for this coming year to the British. There are lots of photos on the german website if you are interested. However just because you may be the only British there doesn't mean you can't have a great holiday. The waterslides look good! Kemer is in general mainly a German destination for some reason.
thanks everyone . I booked this holiday through republic travel for 1570 sunmaster and sunsave do it cheaper with a family room but i wanted two separate rooms
found the german reviews , i just wish i could read german
Did you see the photos here http://www.holidaycheck.com/hotel-Travel+pictures_Hotel+Daima+Resort-ch_ub-hid_147699.html

My German was O level many years ago! But on the whole the reviews are good. They say the hotel only opened last year, so at least it should all be nice and new. Any problems may just have been because it had just opened. They seem to complain that the bar staff didn't know how to make their cocktails. But if that is the worst problem, I think you'll be OK! Overall they give it a rating of 4.5, which is pretty good. The best hotels only usually get just over 5 (out of 6). There seems to be an underpass linking the hotel with the beach.
many thanks to you , i dont drink cocktails anyway not after zante 9 years ago when i had 5 then fell in the hotels pool and nearly drowned !!!!!
Kiris is near Kemer not sure how far but not that far.Kemer is a lovely area to holiday in, the town its self is fairly large lots of shops but remember to barter, you don't get that much hassle, there are British burger bars etc if you want it.
Easy to get about the local dolmuses/buses are cheap and regular, prices are usually pinned up beside the driver.
It is no where near Side.There are not many Brits to be found mainly Russians & other Baltic countries. When we were in Kemer last summer there did not seem to be that many Germans about.As a family its suits us fine, the food in the hotels tend to cater for their tastes but we survived and have done so for years as this area of Turkey is our fave.
We are going to the Daima in July this year and so far found no bad reviews on the hotel.Go with an open mind & enjoy the scenery which is stunning. Say please & thanks to the staff they do appreciate it which you will understand when you see how rude the Russians can be to them.
We have never had a problem being some of the few British guests, our teenage son's make friends v easily as you will find the other foreign guests can speak English, enough to get by on.
Enjoy your stay I am v sure you will love it.
Hope you have a great hol in july , i will post a full review on my return , 5 weeks as yesterday and counting
Hi there looking for reviews on this hotel, have checked various websites but was interested to know if any one had been there this year
thanks
If anyone has stayed at this resort please post a review HERE

luci :wave
Hi there , stayed at this resort for 2 weeks in may , brilliant hotel , if anyone wants to ask me about it get in touch
linda
  • Edited by luci HT Mod 2008-06-16 18:43:48
    To remove email address per T&C's. Please use PM system for contact
I'm glad it turned out OK, so my German translation that it was a good hotel was correct! Please do post a review of this hotel to help others.
The rooms were fine , even the economy rooms which we had were spacious and very clean . mini bar in room replenished every 2 days all inclusive of course .maid service good . Food exellent very tasty , one main buffet restaurant with good selections of main food , salads , soup , sweets , fruit , the strawberries were to die for . chefs outside cooking food to order at breakfast , lunch and dinner . HYGIENE i noted was good .Once a week gala night , chefs outside cooking whole fresh tuna , whole lamb on a spit , spectacular salad displays , chefs parade , fireworks .
entertainment was good , the entertainments team were fantastic , very friendly , hardworking and talented . entertainment every night at the main stage , always starts with the kids disco then a show , we saw a kenyan acrobatic troupe , belly dancer , tradtional turkish dance troupe , comedy shows , singer , bingo [ great prizes ] , miss daima show , best couple show [ which we were in ..lol ] dancing and a singer at the beachbar at end of night or disco till 3 am .The disco is loud and techno with a few oldies thrown in . Drinks are great and 24 hours , good larger , wine and spirits , international brands , cocktails , be nice to the staff as you get better service .I couldent belive how rude the russians were to the staff , no please or thankyou ..do they know how to say it ? We were the only british family there , mostly russians , dutch , ukraine , belgium , germans but we mixed and met some great people with the execption of a few russians and germans .
pools were very very clean , lilo`s provided , slide pool awesome , slides were thrilling , great fun .
activities in day plenty . football , volley ball , poolgames , keep fit , archery , rifle shooting plenty of sunbeds , free towels , nice private beach , pedaloes and canoes free . snacks available at pools and beach bar , chips , pizza , salad , lamb casserole , soup , ....icecreams at 3pm , get in the que early or you wait ages . at different times in day you can get fresh doughnuts cooked in front of you , kebaps ..proper ones ...yummy ok folks got to go to work now will post more later , let me know if i havent mentioned anything you want to know .have a nice day
linda
I forgot to mention that there were 6 speciality restaurants by the beach and sea which were all inc but you had to book 24 hours in advance , we ate in each one every other night and the food was lovely , decor and waitor service excellent .
Delighted that your holiday was so good, our tickets arrived this morning yippee we cannot wait.
Silly question but did you check out the gym as we like to use the gym/sauna on hols.The sauna is very good for removing sun cream and gives you a better tan.
Thanks again for the review see what I meant about the Russians, surely they are not all like that.I remember from last years hol that a lot of them drunk vodka for their breakfast neat, litre bottles !!!
Hi
I was looking to book this hotel on an accommodation only basis but couldn't find it........however I've booked to stay at the Kiris Alinda which is in the same area, just wondered if anyone has stayed there and can comment on the hotel and its location, we're hiring a car and just wondered what is near the hotel. I've found a few reviews.....not very positive on food but generally very good. Thanks
Lara
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.