Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Yes you can, Maximum of 2 liters per person, You will also need your passport at the till, Cant answer about prices this season havent been yet.
prices vary some things are cheaper when on offer in the uk but otherwise much the much on par :sun2
hi,

not sure on booze, but your only allowed to buy so many cigs to take into turkey at dalaman airport.

what i do is .... buy 1000 bensons at uk airport n vodka, put that into ruck sack then on arrival in dalaman they cannot see what you have. or leave bag with someone who is not going into duty free shop, and then buy your turkish allowance but what ever bag you use ensure you cannot see into or through it.

6 weeks to go :cheers
I might add here, That if your searched by Turkish customs on the way into Turkey and found with more than the permitted 600 ciggarettes, Then you perhaps might not get into the country, Fined, or confiscated, It's unlikely you will be stopped but you never know.
I have never ever seen anyone stopped on the way into Turkey.
the only time i have seen someone stopped is if they are carrying usual baggage like card borad boxes etc .
I was in Dalaman this morning and bought two bottles.

But typical Dalaman prices.Famous Grouse whisky 10 euro in Ãâ€ΕΎÃ‚°stanbul DF 13.5 euro Dalaman DF.
To be honest there is not a lot in it.We came back from Dalaman on Saturday.I bought 400 Lamberts on the plane for £34.On the way back I bought 400 from Dalaman.price was just under £32..Good job I bought at Dalaman as the Thomas Cook :que flight on the way back were not selling any Duty free stuff.They did say why but I was half asleep and missed what they said. :que
Regards Dave
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.