Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
An excellent hotel in Istanbul is the Hali (INVALID URL it is in Sultanhamet with excellent views of the blue mosque for breakfast. I think it may be 3 star but is a perfect location and very well run. I stayed there when I met my wife, my family stayed their during my wedding, we have stayed since when visiting.

Turkish Airlines and Pegasus Airlines do internal flights between Istanbul and Dalaman, if I remember right the Turkish Airlines is an early morning flight and it is really nice coming into Dalaman in the morning sunshine.

It wouldn't be difficult to do independently but if not we have used Tulip holidays (http://www.tulipholidays.com/) in the past to book flights and the Hali hotel and their service is excellent.

Anyway if they go to Dalaman, they must pop and see Dalyan, you can see info about Dalyan at http://www.dalyanholiday.co.uk
Dalyan resident.... I have spent far too much time in the past in Dalyan, and probably know as many people as you do! I used to visit 3 times a year...... so is your wife turkish then?
Yes my wife is Turkish originally from Afyon, we met when she was in Istanbul, moved to the UK for 6 years and then 2 years ago we moved to Dalyan.

So why did you 'used' to visit 3 times a year - where do you go now?
Just got sick of it........ decided to see more of the world!!!! Loads of people had bought houses and I don't like the attitude of some of the ex-pats,or the infiltration of young kids from Marmaris.... Dalyan has lost it's charm for me.. esp when the old turkish house got knocked down.... it's only a matter of time before it's karaoke central.....and those pre-fab box shops on the main street.... I'll come back someday.... but no plans yet!
However this year, i went to Kas for the first time.. and loved it...... Kalkan is a mini england... not for me!!!
Perfume try anatolian sky. This is their numer, just call for a brochere 08708504040, im sure they do what you are looking for.
Anatolyian Sky don't fly from Newcastle....... but will have a look anyway.... cheers!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.