Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Darren
11 Posts
Thanks Darren, I knew you'd know! :tup
I have been looking at Cardiff airport dep/arrivals board and they are showing
flights leaving Cardiff going to cardiff with roughly 45 minutes in between flights
Flight number are i'm guessing as being the same time as flights example AAG1100, AAG1145 and so on , i'm sure i also noticed the same on the Bristol website , can you tell me what this is all about , who flies from cardiff to cardiff ?.
Hope i explained my query easy enough
Thanks
Llindy
Llindy,

They are pleasure flights run by Air Atlantique (Classic Flight). It was probably the DC-3 Dakota Fairwell Tour 2008, I'm on them in 2 weeks from Blackpool :) For more information, have a look through this thread.

Darren
Hi Darren, heard some Gossip about the Superjumbo visiting Manchester this Saturday, any truth in it?
I thought it was only going to use Heathow in the uk as the other airports were considered to be to small to cope ? :que
Bunny74,

The A380 (Reg F-WWDD) is due to do a flypast this saturday, 12th July at arround 13:20. It won't be landing. Presumably it'll be performing an ILS approach with a missed approach on the active runway. Looking at the weather, probably 23R for saturday. A little birdie tells me it's coming, and landing at Manchester on 7th August 2008. I've no timings as yet but it's coming for proving to make sure the airport is A380 complient. I have a days annual leave pencilled in just in case! Several airlines may use them from Manchester inclucing Singapore Airlines, Emirates and Pakistan (PIA). Manchester will also become a diversionary aiport for trans-atlantic traffic once they start operating across the pond.

Darren
Cheers thats great , I wonder which direction it will be coming from though as I can save my money and see it from my house probably as most flights fly over my house just outside stockport. :D
Bunny74,

It'll be coming in the same as all the other traffic. The wind forcast for lunchtime Saturday is showing 360 at 6kn so it's difficult to predict which runway will be in use at 13:20, it's inbetween! It'll either be 23R or 05L. Having had a proper look at the prediction, I have a feeling they'll change the active runway during saturday morning from 23R to 05L. If it's 23R, it'll be coming in over the pennines then over your house! If they're on 05L, then it'll be coming in over Liverpool then climbing out over Stockport. You'll get a better view than me whichever way because I'm 45 miles north of Manchester :cry

Darren
Hi Darren i did see it just after 1.15pm it was very cloudy with low dark clouds so we kept losing sight of it. Shame it wasn't lower really for a better view of it. Hopefully get a better view next time if it ever stops raining!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.