America/Canada Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in America and Canada
I have never been but I have seen recommended by others a place called Mount Dora..about an hours drive North of Orlando.
Apparently, it is a very quaint old style town, popular with tourist; there is a tourist (steam?) railway and also a (steam ?) boat that takes you out onto the lake there. Very pretty.

If it is more mall shopping you are after, then apparently there is a really good one, not far from Sanford airport , though unfortunately I don't have any other details other than that. But perhaps someone else can enlighten you.
Winter Park to the north of Orlando have some lovely shops and resturants.It is also on the shores of Lake Maitland where you can get a boat ride.Its only about 35minutes away from Orlando but seems a million miles away.
Thanks for both these places, had a look at web sites for both and they look good. Will try and fit them in when we go in May.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.