Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Hi Kim ive only ever done the trip the other way round. Last year we travelled from Kos-Bodrum for the day. The trip takes about 1 hour 30 minutes. Kos is not as pretty as Rhodes.
Is it true that you've got to pay a £10 "tax" each to get into Kos? :shock:
They're really clued up on this "tax"/"visa" thing abroad, aren't they :x
Hi kim. You will not pay to visit Kos as it is part of Greece.The confusion may have arisen with the 10 GBP's Visa Charge into Turkey. As you will have paid this when you arrived in Turkey, you will not have to pay it again on your visit.Enjoy your holiday.

Ian
Hi Kim,

I used to go to Kos every summer from Bodrum - I'm sure almost every tour agency in Turgutries will offer the trip. You can take the seacat (journey only takes 20 minutes tops from Bodrum - Kos) or the ferry.
You don't pay more money to leave Turkey for Greece, or coming back in, but they do stamp your passport. This is not a problem though.

Elaine
Thank you all.
The post I read which talked about it, must have been confused with the £10 into Turkey charge :lol: .

Elaine
Are there any days Kos is better, market days in the town? Mind you these are unlikely to be better than Turkey :wink:

Kim
I can't remember which days are market days in Kos Town, sorry.

I used to get the 9ish seacat over, the 5ish seacat back, have a wander round the town a bit, then get a bus (or taxi, cos its not far) out to Tingaki beach for the day. The beach there is really nice, real sand, and not rocky to get into the sea like Kos beach is.

Elaine
Hi Kim
Turgutreis travel agency offer this for 35 euro on their website - daily apart from sat
leaves 9.30 / 1700 with a 20 min journey. Not much longer for you to wait for the ADR now is there - 18 weeks for me !
Lally
Hi Lally,
Yes I go before you, I bet you will be dying to read my review.
If I hate it do you want me to tell you :yikes , only joking :lol: , read so many great reviews it must be fab :D .

I'm just over a month to go now :lol:

I have the Turgutreis travel agency web site saved, I will email them.

I was thinking (Greek - Turkish relations not being so good) that Turkish travel agencies would work independantly from Greek ones, IE they get you there & then you sort out the Greek side there :?
Thats why I wondered if there were tour busses waiting to nab people off the boats for a "Kos-in-a-day" trip :D .

What are you planning on doing there Lally?
I'm thinking Turkish bath day 1
Turgutreis Saturday Market
Sunset meal in Gumusluk
Eufeses (prob not Pumukchalle)
Kos
Bodrum once or twice

Kim :fly
Yes Kim - I can't wait for your review and comparison to Olu ( but also don't want to be seen wishing your holiday away!! :oops: )
We are planning Ephesus and probably Pamulukke , a trip to Bitez and Gumusluk ( not for the fish tho , eldest is veggie bordering on vegan, youngest wants to be veggie and I don't like fish which is why I missed out on the white dolphin!!) Considering Kos - but i love Greece so much may not go back (joking!!) and Turkish Bath day 1 and 14 :D
Lally
Yes, I will probably do a bath again on day 14 :lol:
I will let you know if the restaurants in Gumusluck do other stuff as well, I'm sure they will. Aparantly its THE place to eat a dinner - suspose its the whole sunset romance thing.
Apart from Ephesus, there is some mausolean at Bodrum thats also one of the wonders of the world & well worth seeing, so I will do that too.
Thought about Pamulukke, but I'm worried that if I do the two day trip with Ephesus that I may end up somewhere dirty &/or with cockroaches :yikes
Kim
Hi Kim
Thats my concern about the overnight trip as well!! I will e mail tta before we go so I can do some research - or could you ask for me :D
As for a romantic meal, its only me and the Goth children so it may be wasted !
Sorry if going off topic Briar XX
Lally
How about we both email them & see if they are a bit vague or give a definate answer & its the same :wink: .

I will do it first, then you do it a few days later, how about that :?:

Kim
I e-mailed all four contact emails for them just after writing the above, still waiting for a response, but it's not really the start of the season proper yet is it.
Will let you know when I get a response.
Lally
Got a response

"WE STAY IN 4*GRAND SEVGI HOTEL IN PAMUKKALE.
YOU DO NOT NEED TO BE AFRAID IT IS A NICE HOTEL AND WE USE THE SAME HOTEL FOR YEARS EVERYBODY IS HAPPY.ALSO AS YOU WILL HAVE A GUIDE WITH YOU IF YOU HAVE ANY PROBLEMS HE IS THERE TO HELP YOU OFCOURSE.

DETAILS OF THE HOTEL:

142 Total Rooms, 6 Suit Rooms, 330 Total Beds.
Rooms With : Room Telephone, Shower And Wc, Television, Satellite TV, Safe Box, Hair Dryer, Balcony, Central Air Condition.
Dining : 3 Restaurants, 1000 people capacity for Indoor Restaurant, 700 people capacity for Outdoor Restaurant, loby bar - havuz bar - eirene cafe & bar - jakuzzi bar - terrace bar.
Meeting : 1 meeting room for 150 people capacity.
Facilities : Full Room Service, Outdoor Parking, Garden.
Leisure and Sports : Outdoor Pool, Child Pool, Turkish Bath, Sauna, Jacuzzi, Tv Room.
Location Details : Near The SPA, cardak 60 km nearest airport.

OUR 2 DAYS EPHESUS AND PAMUKKALE TRIP IS EVERY WEDNESDAY AND SATURDAY.ALL OF OUR TOURS ARE INSURED MADE WITH A/C VEHICLES AND PROFESSIONAL TOUR GUIDES.

TOUR PROGRAMME

"¢ Pick up from your hotel at 06.30 hrs.
"¢ Three hours coach journey to Ephesus
"¢ ½ hour stop on the way
"¢ Move to Ephesus. Three hours visit in Ephesus
"¢ Depart from Pamukkale
"¢ One hour stop for lunch( not including)
"¢ Arrive to Pamukkale around 20.00 hrs. (overnight in airconditioned hotel)
"¢ Dinner in the Turkish Night (included in the price)
"¢ Next day breakfast at 08.30 hrs. (included in the price)
"¢ Visit Pamukkale till 14.00 o'clock.
"¢ Depart to Bodrum. One hour stop for lunch (included in the price)
"¢ Back to your hotel around 20.30 hrs.

WHAT IS INCLUDED

* Return transfer by air conditioned coach from and to your hotel
*English speaking professional tourist guide
*Entrance fees (Except Cleopatra bath)
*Accomodation in a 3 star hotel in Pamukkale
*Dinner on the first day, breakfast and lunch on the second day"

Can't find any info or review on that hotel!!!!
Thanks Kim
Found some in German with a page translator ...
Not good but probably OK for 1 night if only to find out what a "gentleman under bedder for" is :wink:
Will send e mail this week and see what they say - may just do a long day and go to Kos for a salad instead!!
Lally
Hi we went to Kos from Bodrum 2 years ago and when we got off the ferry (there was quite a walk to get out of the harbour ) there was a little train called the Dotto train and it took us around Kos old town to see the ruins and other parts it cost about £1.50 each we were on there about 30 mins and my 6yr old twins loved it. We then went for a meal and an ice-cream sundae and a potter around while the rest of the party went shopping there was 10 of us. :D :lol: 8)
Thanks for that Amanda
What else is there to see for teenagers (who don't like sand!)as you are there quite a long time
Kim, I had the same reply from tta - i think I will ask them about the gentleman under bedder for - I am intrigued - wish I had paid more attention in O level German now :D
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.