Greece and other Greek Island Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Greece and other Greek Islands.
Definately not. The Greece to Turkey ferries are expensive compared to Greek ferries or Turkish ferries. It would be cheaper to take a ferry and stay a night on one of the nearby greek islands and you would not be following hordes of package tourists.

It is just a ferry not an excursion boat, just book a return ferry journey at the ferry agent in Kos town. Obviously you will have to go through extra procedures as it's a different country.
I went on this trip and enjoyed it. We booked it through a local tour company and not though the holiday company as the prices were nearly double. The tour company organised everything for us. When we arrived we were given a short tour however the end of the tour was in the local gold shop and we felt rather pressurised. We went on a non-market day and there were plenty and things to do and plenty of shops. They accepted euro's and pound sterling so don't bother getting and lira. I would advise you go on this trip .
Hi I'm off to Turgutreis (near Bodrum) in May for two weeks.
It's easy (cheap & quick) to get a ferry/hovercraft to Kos or Rhodes :D .
I've been to Rhodes but never Kos, so I would like to visit Kos :D .
As I'm only going to be there for the day, whats the best things to see/do?
Do they have any tours that pick up people off the boats doing "kos-in-a-day" :? ?
Where is the the harbour that the ferry comes into?
I think the boats arrive about 9 or 10 & depart about 5, but I could be wrong :oops:
Thanks in advance
We did this about 4 years ago but through our Tour Operator. Even so, we had quite a bit of time there. My wife is in to culture and we went to the tourism office and obtained a map and went round the historical sites in the town(all within walking distance), ending up at the castle which is beside the harbour. My wife says there were trips being advertised on our arrival in Kos and also seems to think that we came back at about 4pm. Having said this, if you go through a local tour operator you are likely to get a tour of Kos Island thrown in the deal as well as a meal and get more time. Well worth looking into, we certainly enjoyed our day there. Warning, Bodrum Harbour gets very busy with people so get there early to avoid disappointment.

Les
Thanks, I think its quicker (& cheaper) to go from Turgutreis harbour.
So where do you end up in Kos then? Is it Kos town itself?
Is the harbour far from the main town (whichever town it is)?
Thanks
Kos Harbour is a short walk from the town centre, there are trips but one place if you have time is the Asclepium see halfway down this page

wizard
Thank you Wizard

Is it true that you've got to pay a £10 "tax" each to get into Kos? :shock:
They're really clued up on this "tax"/"visa" thing abroad, aren't they :x

Kim
Hi Again Kimevans, Certainly don't recall paying to go out of Turkey, only when you come in, as you will have done already at the Airport. May be Wizard can give some verification on this.

Les
sorry i have never been to Turkey, Greece many times, as a rule of thumb under the EU treaty any holder of a member country passport can pass freely between borders , i did read a few years back that turkey imposes a £10 each way entry duty [visa] i cannot confirm if this is still so..
please ask again but in the Turkey forum

wizard
Thank you Wizard. This same Topic is also running on the Turkey Forum and some members on there have given kim some answers.

Les
Been decided, the person who's post I read that on must have confused it with the £10 into Turkey visa :lol:
So no extra entry taxes :wink:
Thank you
Kim
Please i still dont understand...i am from Russia and will go to Kos. Russia is not in EU :( So can i go to a daily trip to Bodrum or not?? if i can how much i need to pay??
I see no reason why you should not enjoy the day trip to turkey, you will need your passport and i would suggest evro or sterling if you wish to spend whilst there, the limits of what you can bring back to kos is the same as for EU citizens as you will officially be crossing the EU border
tell me please can i just buy tickets by myself and go to bodrum for one day without any excursions..like u go from crete to santorini...just buy tickets in 2 ways/
yes you can purchase tickets direct from the booking hall at the harbour in kos town
For a really special treat, do not use the normal ferries for this, but book yourself on the Flying Dolphin. Just go down to Kos harbour in the evening and you will find them tied up with a crew member selling tickets for the following days. The trip is a lot faster and the experience of "flying" in one of these is unforgetable.
At the other end, you are free to explore Bodrum as you please - the castle museum is superb - just make sure you are back in time for the return trip - You will be shown where to go to get the boat back on arrival.

Cheers,
Jet
Thank u very much -that is what i wanted to know but unfortunatly today i learnt that i will not be able tp visit bodrum as i am not from UE country and i dont have multi visa..... :cry:
:cry: i learnt today that i will not be able...i need multi visa...but it imposible to get it...the visa we are given is ordinary..it allows to enter greek border only one time...so if i go to turkey i will not be able to return back to greece......we are not lucky,,,we are not in EU.....
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.