Bulgaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
Hi Andy,

Via Michellin shows the route from Burgas to Kotel as being 124km and taking one and a half hours to drive, is this realistic ?

The BG Maps route planner gives the distance from Sunny Beach to Kotel as 150.284 km, with a journey time of 1hr 58min - Burgas to Kotel is shown as 120.345 km, with a journey time of 1hr 35min, so similar figures to those given by Via Michelin.

Baldur
Thanks Baldur,

It's a trip I may do then.

Andy
Hi Andy.

Just seen your question in answer yes going to Sozopol is a great idea it has increased dramatically in size over the last few years, stopping of in Bourgas on the way is a good idea as there are quite a lot of fairly good shops in ther main street and some smaller ones up towards the university. Unfortunately as far as Kotel & zharavna go we went there a few years ago and i should say we were dissapointed as trying to get some directions from locals was not very easy we probably met the only three who could not speak or understand English, also it is possible to get to the Blue mountains in a day trip we are used to travelling back and forward as far as Sofia but that can be a rather tiring day trip and not for the faint hearted unless you want to do an overnight and stay in Sofia hope this gives you some ideas :wave: :think
Thanks for the info mondeo,

Sozopol and Bourgas sound good and shouldn't be too difficult for me to find, as I only have three days in Bulgaria and have already booked a hotel in sunny Beach I think Sofia would be too far to go in the short time I have. From what I've read and seen Zheravna really does appeal so even bearing your advice in mind I think I'm likely to go.

Andy
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.