Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
A few years ago we went to Mumbai with Daytrippers but it was by minibus not on the train. It was a fantastic trip, very well organised. We stopped at the Hotel Diplomat which is just behind the Taj Hotel near the Gateway of India. I think they still use this hotel. It was basic but very clean and the staff were all very helpful.
im hopefull of doing that trip in nov.
we are going in November to Mumbai les127 but we booked it with kingkisher airways ...what date do you hope to go ....colleen
have an open mind colleen :) .do you mind if i ask how much youve paid kingfisher return?is it easy to book it yourself as opposed tpo doing it with someone like daytripper?regards leslie and tina
No problem Les hubby booked it himself on line ..it worked out at a little over £100 each return ...we were worried about them not taking our credit card as we had been told they will only take an indian credit card that is why we went through kingfisher ....but hubby looked at a few diff airlines and kingfisher was the bestin the end ..... this is the hotel we are going to we have that booked as well http://www.residencyhotel.com/acc.html colleen
Hi les what the lovely wife forgot to tell you if you go with daytrippers it one way by train (12 hours)and the other way by plane so daytrippers may seem cheaper but when you take into consideration the time saved and you get to pick your own hotel imho its better diy.slan Irishman.ps i know some people will differ :think
thanks for your help /advice irishcolleen/irishman,regards leslie and tina.
The trip is train both ways now

I quite fancy the sleeper expereince- has anyone done that?
Hi CalHorn
we did the Mumbai trip with Daytripper last year.
It was very well-organised and good value for money (we thought).

I can't remember the name of the hotel but it was clean and central, overlooking the sea just up from the Gateway of India.

We enjoyed the train journey, overnight outbound, leaving at around 18:30.
We were in the 3 tier air conditioned, with another couple in our party, the other 2 places were taken by young Indian guys.
Be aware that there is no privacy.
The train was full.
You can get food on the train, but we took sandwiches.
Pillow, 2 sheets and a blanket are supplied, I slept quite well.
You arrive in Mumbai at 6-ish the following morning.

Train back left at 06:00 and was almost empty.
It was lovely to just relax and watch the countryside.

If you definitely do want to do this trip, I'd advise you to email Eddie and book as numbers are limited.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.