Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Cant get into your links Treacle Toffee :que
When is the deal for ie dates
It is on the Thomson website, Flying from Manchester on the 7 December for two weeks, based at the Marinha Dourada. Returning on the 22nd December. If you look at the week before 30 November and the week after 14 December it comes up more expensive - I can understand for the 14 December but not the 30 November.
The prices seem to change daily - by chance I looked on Easter Monday and they were advertising extra easter website discount - £607! I called the Thomson shop direct and they quoted £660, I asked if they would match internet price and they said they would if we wanted to book the holiday.
We have been to Goa twice already, we flew with Monach (Thomas Cook) the first time and Thomson the second. We said if we ever flew long haul again we would never fly with Monach or Thomas Cook, and we wanted a direct flight.
We went to Gambia last year with Thomas Cook, the plane was really dirty and my boyfriend struggled with the leg room. Thompson have 33" seats and the added bonus of your own TV.
We booked for November this year, with First Choice, but at the moment, you might get a thompson or first choice plane, just come back from Goa, had a Thompson flight number but had a first choice plane, and no stopping it was direct, I think you will find Monarch and Thomas cook are still not flying direct.

I contacted first choice and thompson as they are all one company now, and found it was cheaper with first choice travel agent, than thompson, going out end of november 09 for 3 weeks, including pre booked seats, and the price was £780, for marina dourada.

This will be our 13th year at the marina dourada.
TCX flights with Thomas Cook are flying direct to Goa

Our friends flew with them last year and I'm flyng with them later this year.

Upgraded to 33" seat pitch too !!
Im on that flight(thompson's) on the 7/12/09 staying at the santa monica booked about 10 weeks ago at a cost of (without going checking)£550 with exter leg room
My boyfriend's mum decided to book, but when she checked the price it had gone up to £740!! We have checked again since and it's now £714. Decided just to keep checking and hope it goes back down a bit more.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.