Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Marinha Dourada
211 Posts
Hi Polly We emailed the Marina Dourada earlier this year to ask for a room overlooking the lake and everything was fine. I think we emailed about a month before travel.

The rooms in the main complex mostly surround the pool and restaurant. The first time we went we were on a ground floor room near the restaurant. But it was very noisy in the morning with folk having breakfast and you couldnt really open the door onto the balcony when you woke up cos everyone was having their breakfast :yikes

If you want to stay in the main building I would request 2nd floor or maybe 1st.

If you walk over the little bridge you come to the lake view rooms, much quieter and it wouldnt matter if you were on the ground floor. We were 1st floor overlooking the lake it was perfect. There is also a bar and swimming pool there as well and its only a 2 minute walk to the main hotel area.

Hope this helps. We are also returning the the Marinha Dourada this winter, its fantastic. If I can be of anymore help please feel free to PM me.
I stopped in a lakeside room top floor,what a view every day,my travel agent emailed them and asked for an annex room by second pool,and that what we got,good choise of hotel.
Thanks for that both of you. I am really looking forward to it now. We had already chosen the hotel from the internet and had looked at reviews before booking. The Travel Agent said its a good hotel, with a lot of returners. Maybe we will become one too, but my ambition is to see as much of the world as I can.
Hi everyone

Am staying for two weeks at the Marinha Dourada at the end of March. Have read many reviews and feel pleased with our choice of hotel, just can't get to grips with its location in relation to things?

Keep reading that it is in Arpora, and then other resorts say Baga. Are we in Arpora which is in Baga? What do we have within walking distance restaurant, shop and beachwise? Does anyone have any recommendations?

From that hotel what will the travel time be from the airport? How long would it take to get to the location of the Jungle Tour and also the waterfall/monkey tour?

Sorry for all the questions, just trying to get a mental image of where we are!
This is where the "Go Wild Tour" is based http://www.free-living.com/companyprofiles/backwoods_goa.htm It is situated in the western Ghats area. But if you book through a local day trip agent they will provide transport anyway.
Hello GoaTripper. We are going to Goa for the first time in November, staying at the Marinha Dourada. I have found this map, which gives you a bit of an idea of what is around. I keep looking at it and Google Earth.
http://www.findall-goa.com/Maps/Calangute/Calangute.htm
Thanks Polly, thats a really handy map!

I hope you post a review when you get back, my holiday is 6 months away and I am excited, you certainly must be!

Kepe hearing about Google Earth but when I tried it I couldn't see much (must have been doing it wrong!)
hello good choise of hotel ,when you come out main gate you turn right ,go 200yds on to main road,turn right another 200yrds,you come to allspice in apora a .very good restourant.Our come out hotel turn left,you go to baga beach,along that road there are lots of good restourants including sublime very good,the walk is nice as its at the side of the river all the way till you get to the box bridge.Have a nice hol you will love it.
We always stay at the Marinha Dourada for 9 weeks. You can't go wrong. It is in an ideal location. Away from the hustle and bustle of the main town, but near to good restaurants. As has already been mentioned, All Spice, The best!! To the left of hotel is Mo Jo's our good friends! Lots of good restaurants on that road, and the road to the beach! Wonderful! The outlook from MD is beautiful, overlooking two lakes. You will certainly enjoy!
Thanks for the map link Polly.
One of the better maps.
Allan@Marian. :D
I bought a book off e bay called the best of goa, it has websites for hotels, info in general. There is website for hotel http://www.madogoa.com
Hotel is on baga River Road, Tambudki, Arpora
So pleased I can be of some use, not having been there. All I have been able to do up to now is ask questions and I expect I will have more of those before I go. Nice feeling being able to put something back into the forum.
Polly50 - great map - wish I had seen it before going to Goa last December - it would have been well worth printing off, don't suppose you know of a similar one for Candolim do you?
Shirley if you scroll to right of map of calangute there is a list of other towns with maps candolim is on there
Hello all,

Only 84 nights to goa, first time so looking forward to it.

Another site with some good maps, although some may be dated is :-

http://www.johnthemap.co.uk/pages/goa/goa_page1.html
We stayed at the Marinha Dourada 2 years ago. I sent an email about 6 weeks before requesting a lake view room. I got a very nice reply assuring me that our request would be granted and it was. :D
Hi

Does anyone have the email address for Marhina Dourada, they could let me have please?

Thanks
AJ
http://www.madogoa.com
e mail mdouraba@sancharnet.in
Ray.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.