Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
LisawithanS....I am booked to go to the MD next March 20th out of Manchester.

I love your description of your early morning walks and am really looking do doing exactly that....best part of the day!!!

Roll on March!!

Oh and I think I will also email them a bit closer to the date to request an annexe room...cheers for that!
Hi Spinner, i promise you will love it. We are also booked in for 2 weeks from the 16 th March so may get to meet you. Early morning walking around the 2 huge lakes of the MD, where the grounds are kept so beautifully by the staff is the most uplifting start to the day, such beautiful flowers and trees everywhere. The frangipani tree near the main pool was my favourite such a gorgeous smell. Bye for now. Lisa.
Hi Lisa, we are also booked at the MD from 8th March for 3 weeks for might see you at one of the bars.
We will be hopefully staying in the main block but might see you going over the bridge to the annexe.
Spottiswoode
Hi was wondering if anyone could help with room nrs.
I would like to book 1 of 3 rooms, 1 of which we were in last visit but can't remember the exact room nr.
As you pass reception that is block A, at the end of block A you turn left and that is block B, it is the first stair you come to as you turn the corner which I think is stair 9. It is the rooms on the left of stair 9 which overlooks the pool area and you can also see the lagoons as the balcony is on the corner.
Hope this makes sense.
Thanks in advance
Spottiswoode
:omg That is very confidential information Spottiswoode :lol:
Why is that the stair you prefer as well. :?
PM me if you can help please.
Thanks Spottiswoode :)
Does the MD bar get busy in the evenings or do most folk just hang out at the shacks?

Also is the entertainment at the MD any good or does the holiday companies just go through the motions for the tourists?
The bar has the normal busy spells late afternoon/early evening then before on the way out people have a drink, then on the way back its a quick one or two, the first bar shuts between 11-12 but the far bar by the annexe opens till late,

The entertainmant varies on standards but depends on what your tastes are, the poolside dinner is ok, but the rest are average in my opinion, karaoke, singer etc
Gemma....no internet access in the rooms,but there is an pc you can use in the reception behind all the world clocks
Hi Zoop we didnt think there was internet access, dont remember seeing any connections on our last visit. I know about the one at reception. thanks for the reply anyway :D
As the MD is one of the most popular hotels can I please ask that we use this thread for specific questions? Members and guests will find this useful. I'm more than happy for you all to have a gossip about going to the MD but its best on the holiday chat thread :D
In the meantime, if you have lost your post you will find it
here :D
Does the MD have its own laundry? Has anyone used it?

If not.....did you send your clothes out to be laundered?

What sort of prices do you pay?

And is it really worth it, does it save you from doing it all when you get home???
They have a laundry service at the M.D. It is very good and inexpensive and as far as I can remember it only takes about 24 hrs.
Hi Spinner. i stayed at MD for first time this year and what i found was that their laundry prices were fairly expensive in comparison to most things. You will find a list of prices in your room on arrival. What i did was hand wash a few items at the end of each day and put them out to dry on the clothes airer on the balcony that all the rooms have. They dry in no time due to the heat. Anything that got too dirty i just bought home to wash. Clothes are so cheap to buy out there anyway you really wont need to worry too much about this.

Just my opinion. :wink:
The MD used to be really cheap for laundry, but they have cottoned on as to how cheap they were (I think) and now they are down right expensive! :shock: eg. dress 200 rupees and it used to only be 60 rupees.
There is a great laundry on the Baga/Calangute Road, called Vell Wash. He will wash and iron about 10 items for 100 rupees. He will get your clothes back to you the next day. He is a lovely man also, well worth a visit.
There is a laundry in Apora which you can walk to from the M/D,they are very good and we have used them for years.If you dont fancy walking it's only 100 rps return trip in a taxi from outside the hotel....(you can have all your holiday clobber washed&pressed for about a fiver just before you come home, then it's straight from the suitcase into the wardrobe) no washing machine on for days when you get home ....KJF
Thanks for the info Gemma and KJF, will definately make use of the laundry services you have mentioned when next at MD. Clothes do get very dirty quickly dont they and you dont really want to be washing clothes while on your holiday, so thats great. Cheers. :wink
Hi KJF, we will be at MD next March and was just wondering whereabouts the laudry is in Arpora.
Thanks
Hi
I will also be at the MD next March, from 4-18th. When are you going? The first thing we did on our first visit to Goa last Jan was to find a laundry, so now I've got the info well in advance!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.