Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
I think that the play area is the area behind the first lake, between the lake and Mackies market, there didn't appear to be much there last Christmas, we'll have to ask Gemma when she gets back
Whooo Hooo finally heard back from Edwin and he will make a note of my request! :think

Hows that building work doing.....any updates?
Building work progressing nicely at Christmas when we were there, had room 250 which backed on to the works and they didn't disturb us at all.

It's a shame that the new building is rising about the Marinha though.
I had a letter off thomsons regarding my stay at Marinha Dourada. it states we would like to advise you of a private independent building work project involving the construction of 4 new apartment blocks behind the marinha dourada hotel. At present the project is currently constructing the final two floors and the roofs are being structurally completed. once this has been completed the facia and internal works will begin. it goes on too say how the hotel management will endevour to allocate guests away from the work but due to the configuration of the hotel this is not guaranteed. We will continue to monitor the situation.

on receiving this i contact the hotel and raised my concerns about the work and i had the following reply

"there is building work behind the annex which does not belong to us. Could be disruptive during the day but if you are in the main builidng than there would be no problems. Now you will have to decide whether you want to stay in the annexe or in the main building.
.You can be rest assured that all of us at the resort will do our best to ensure you have a comfortable and memorable stay"

i replied with the following

"If the work is just going to be during the day and at the rear of the rooms then we will remain with the annexe - I assume the building work will nearly be completed by the time we arrive?

We do not spend much time in the hotel room during the day so I think we should be ok - as long as they do not start banging early in the morning"¦"

to which i received the following reply today

Thanks for your mail. I am afraid the building work will not be over even by next year.Its going rather slow and besides no sophisticated machinery is used. The labourers start their breakfast rather early and this involves a lot of clink clank as they get ready for breakfast.Not to worry we will reserve an annexe room for you and then we could see how it goes on. If you find it noisy than you have the option of the old block.

so it seems there is quite a substantial amount of buidling going on with lots of early Clink Clank
Hiya Gazthomas....havent got my letter yet but I have been aware of the building work for over a year now.

Having read various reports from many different people only one person has raised an objection and said it spoilt their holiday.

I am taking a gamble but I think it will be worth it.
I returned on the 16th Jan, stayed in an annex room (larger and newer) room 231 and i can honestly say I only heard slight noise from the bathroom (situated at the back) don't know about the rooms directly in front of the banging, but for us, no problem :tup
Debi
Is it worth paying for a taxi from the airport to MD?
I would imagine there are a few drop offs before getting to Arpora.
If the ordeal at the airport is still as I remember :banghead: , I dont fancy being stuck on a bus for ages.
Is it worth paying for a taxi from the airport to MD?
I would imagine there are a few drop offs before getting to Arpora.

We always do the journey by taxi, it is quicker & you dont have the hassle of queing to check in worth every penny.
Make sure you tell the Rep though or you will not be popular as the coach will wait for you..!!

Mids
We got the bus and as a lot of people got Taxis(only about 15 on the bus) it was really quick, only stopping at the Blue Beach which was just down the road. As there were 7 of us we thought we would save the money we would have spent on Taxis for Honybees ;) When we got there they had not put us all in the same block, but we had no problem sorting this, even though it was New years day :tup
We are at the MD from 3 March for 2 weeks and we have had no letters from the TA.

We always get a taxi from the airport, but we have taxi man friends so find it hell of a lot easier.
Sent an email yesterday at 2.30pm asking Edwin for a room that we like at the hotel. Had a reply for him confirming everything by 3.35pm the same day. I think thats excellent service. Cant wait getting so excited now :hyper
mmmmm what room would that be then....Gavin.
Everyone might ask for the room then Gavin :yikes and without a doubt its one of the best rooms in the whole hotel so I am staying :shush :tup
just a thought....didnt think you would let your guard down now it has been confirmed :wave:
are there any rooms either side avalible.....Gavin.
I know gemmas room only to well I have had a few drinks there ....I have to say it is a fab room and gems is just right telling no one the number of it :rofl :rofl
Watch out Gemma, may have to stalk you when I get there to find out where the room is!! :rofl

Going to send an email to the Hotel myself over the next week, we like to be in the Annex, but would like to be closer to the bar area rather than further away!
:rofl Miccie if you get me a few barcardi breezers I will spill the beans on what room it is .......no way I would never do that on my friend gems :rofl to be honest all the rooms at the M/D looked good to me
Miccie we stayed in 231 the very first block next to the late bar,Annex side,pool and lake view and yet not too far to walk home after a 3.00am honybee fest :cheers Also no noise from the building work,only thing it has twin beds which may not suit all ;)
debgreg that sound good until you said twin beds, the rooms further around have doubles, perhaps I'll settle for a first floor room instead, that top floor was beginning to get just a little too high at Christmas :rofl

Colleen what flavour :cheers ;)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.